If you're looking for the flavor text for this event, see The Magic Shop (flavor text).
The Magic Shop is an event that can be reached with the Wildcard: Shops Neutral Effect from the Wildcard: Shops item's [The Magic Shop] option, the Shops! event, the Travel event, the [A card picturing a witch behind a counter.] option in Cards Of Fate, or from Crossroads. It can also simply be a random event.
Shop Introduction[edit | edit source]
|The Magic Shop|
You stand in front of Griselda's Magic Shop. Do you wish to enter to purchase powerful spells?
Shop Interface[edit | edit source]
|The Magic Shop|
|Griselda the Witch gives you a wicked smile as you enter the shop.
|Item||Price||Description upon purchase|
|Dark Wand||2 Rupees||'Dark magic is stronger than light magic, little boy/girl! Use it for evil.'|
|Light Wand||2 Rupees||'Light magic is not my style, but anything can be used for evil, little boy/girl!'|
|Generic post-purchase quote|
|'Maybe another wand? Or do you want to charge your magical items with powerful spells?'|
|Insufficient funds quote|
|Urgh, you stinky rat! Stop wasting my time and leave if you don't have any money!
|You decide not to enter the Magic Shop. Perhaps witches give you the creeps.|
|'Alright, little boy/girl, do you want to charge a magic item with a spell? I can charge Wands, Staves and Orbs with powerful Dark and Light spells. If you can pay, of course!'|
|'Choose a single spell to charge your Dark Wand with.'|
|Arcane Explosion||5 Rupees||Cause a magical explosion, knocking all players in a 12 space radius around you 10 spaces away from you.|
|Slow||5 Rupees||Reduce a player's Speed by 4 for 2 turns.|
|Steal Item||10 Rupees||Steal one random item from another player.|
|'Or maybe you're looking for rare magic? Tee hee!'|
|Blind||2 Rupees||Blind a player, blurring their view for 8 seconds.|
|Burden||8 Rupees||Transfer all your Magic Debuffs to another player.|
|Curse Of Relativity||6 Rupees||Curse a player with the Curse Of Relativity. Each turn, the cursed player moves all other players and the finish line 1 space forward.|
|Curse Of Resurrection||7 Rupees||Curse a player with the Curse Of Resurrection. Each turn, the cursed player automatically resurrects one random dead player. The curse wears off after 2 resurrections.|
|Curse Of Riches||9 Rupees||Curse a player with the Curse Of Riches. Each turn, the cursed player loses 1 Rupee and all other players gain 1 Rupee.|
|Cursed Wounds||8 Rupees||Curse a player with Cursed Wound. This curse lasts 2 turns. If they move a total of 40 spaces before the curse ends, they die and lose 1 Speed.|
|Dark Sacrifice||4 Rupees||Sacrifice yourself to give every enemy player a random curse.|
|Death||19 Rupees||Instantly kill a player.|
|Deny||11 Rupees||Deny a player victory. For 2 turns, they cannot win the game in any way.|
|Detonation||20 Rupees||Make all explosives in the game detonate, including those in player inventories.|
|Disarm||7 Rupees||Disarm a player for 1 turn, making them unable to use items and skills.|
|Doom||20 Rupees||Doom a player, causing that player to inevitably die after 25 turns. This death removes all death preventing effects from the affected player, bypasses Death Immunity and spawns an evil Doom Guard for the caster for a short duration.|
|Evil Barrier||6 Rupees||Summon an evil barrier around a player, afflicting them with a non-functional Magic Curse, Magic Disease and Magic Poison.|
|Inverted Dice||12 Rupees||Cast a magical debuff on a player, causing their next roll to move them backwards instead of forwards.|
|Laser||16 Rupees||Fire a burning laser back or forward, destroying up to 2 random items per player hit. Range: 25 spaces.|
|Life Link||7 Rupees||Magically link your life to that of another player. As soon as one of you dies, the other will die as well.|
|Liquidize||8 Rupees||Turn up to 3 of a player's items into gold. They receive 4-6 rupees per liquidized item.|
|Living Bomb||5 Rupees||Turn a player into a Living Bomb. When a living bomb dies, they explode and kill all players in a 12 space radius around them.|
|Mark For Death||6 Rupees||Mark a player for death. All players get a skill to kill the target if they stand on the same space. When the target is killed by another player, all players lose the skill.|
|Polymorph||14 Rupees||Turn a living player into a random animal with 2 Karma.|
|Prime Evil||5 Rupees||Cast a spell of mathematical evil, sending all players who currently stand on a prime number back a number of spaces equal to the number of that prime number in the list of all prime numbers, up to 25 spaces. For example, players on space 2 get sent back 1 space, whereas a player on space 29 (the 10th prime) gets sent back 10 spaces.|
|Shatter||6 Rupees||Destroy two random Frozen items in target player's inventory.|
|Spellsteal||8 Rupees||Steal one random good magic effect from a player.|
|Weaponize||5 Rupees||Give everyone some weapons.|
|'Choose a single spell to charge your Light Wand with.'|
|Remove Curse||3 Rupees||Remove a curse from a player.|
|Revive||4 Rupees||Revive a dead player.|
|Speed Boost||5 Rupees||Give a player +4 Speed Boost for 2 turns.|
|'Or maybe you're looking for rare magic? Tee hee!'|
|Acceleration||4 Rupees||Grants every player +1 Speed, and has a 50% chance to give you +2 Speed.|
|Blessing Of Vengeance||10 Rupees||Place a magical blessing upon a player that lasts 6 turns. When a player with this blessing gets killed by another player, they block death and the murderer dies.|
|Blink||12 Rupees||Swiftly teleport to a nearby location within 15 spaces. Only spaces that have no player on them are valid targets for this spell!|
|Cards Of Fate||8 Rupees||Grant a player a magical buff. They will be able to choose from 7 random events in their next turn.|
|Defensive Barrier||8 Rupees||Summon a defensive barrier around a player, blessing them with two non-functional Magic Buffs.|
|Divine Prayer||14 Rupees||Instantly remove all Skip-A-Turn and Incapacitation effects, Diseases, Poisons and Curses from all players and resurrect them.|
|Empowered Dice||8 Rupees||Magically empower a player's dice to get a guaranteed Roll Streak on their next roll.|
|Energize||14 Rupees||Remove all skill cooldowns from a player.|
|Focus||3 Rupees||Remove Skip-A-Turn and Incapacitation from a player.|
|Guardian||18 Rupees||Summon a magical Guardian for a player who will aid them in various ways for about 15 turns.|
|Life Shield||18 Rupees||Shield a player, protecting them from death for 3 turns. If a player with Life Shield dies, they block death and gain a refreshed Life Shield. (Max 3 times)|
|Life Ward||6 Rupees||Conjure a magical ward on a target space. Each round, the ward resurrects all dead players within a 40 space radius around it. Ward radius is reduced by 5 each round, so it lasts 8 rounds.|
|Mass Energize||3 Rupees||Cast a spell of pure energy! All players have their skill cooldowns reset.|
|Momentum||8 Rupees||Bless a player with a magical Momentum buff. After 2, 8 and 15 turns this buff grants them a permanent +1 Speed. The buff wears off when the target dies.|
|Nature's Blessing||7 Rupees||Every player gains 2 random pieces of Fruit or Vegetables. The caster will receive 1 additional piece.|
|On Love's Wings||2 Rupees||Give another player +1 Speed and lose 1 Speed yourself.|
|Runes Of Guidance||5 Rupees||Cast this spell on a player to cause 4 magic runes to appear randomly around them. You can later activate these runes with your newly acquired Activate Runes Of Guidance skill, sending anyone who stands on top of a rune 12-19 spaces forwards. The skill disappears after 2 rounds if not used.|
|Save Point||14 Rupees||Cast a beneficial spell on a player. For 6 turns, they cannot move behind their current space. This spell protects them from a maximum total movement of 50 spaces.|
|Scales Of Justice||15 Rupees||Cast a spell of justice! The player who is leading moves back 15 spaces. The player who is at the back moves forward 15 spaces.|
|Soul Speed||6 Rupees||Imbue a player with protective magic for 6 turns. If a player dies with the Soul Speed buff active, that player gains 1 Speed permanently.|
|Spell Reflect||6 Rupees||Cast a very powerful magic effect on a player, granting them awesome protection from targeted Dark Spells for 12 turns. The next Dark Spell targeted at this player will reflect back to its caster.|
|Spell Shield||6 Rupees||Shield a player with a magical Spell Shield. This shield lasts 12 turns and absorbs the first Dark Spell used against them, also granting them a random Magic Crystal.|
|Wealth||15 Rupees||Cast a spell of wealth! All players gain 50% of your Rupees. You gain 100% of your Rupees. (Max 100 Rupees)|
|Wormhole||12 Rupees||Start summoning a wormhole. While channelling, you skip 3 turns. If the spell completes, you move forward 55 to 75 spaces. Channelling is interrupted by moving and death.|
|'Choose a spell to charge your Orb with.'|
|Same spells available for both Wands||Same spell prices as for the Wands|
|'Choose a single spell to charge your Staff with. Charging a Staff will cost you a lot of money, but you'll be able to cast that spell every 9 turns. An amazing investment!'|
|Same spells available for both Wands||Spell prices for the Wands multiplied by 3|
|Generic post-purchase quote|
|'There you go! I have charged your X with Y.|
Use it for evil, little boy/girl!'
|Insufficient funds quote|
|'Are you trying to trick me? You don't even have enough Rupees, you toad!
|You say goodbye to Griselda and take your leave.
Before Salem's collar is removed: Her cat stares at you while you walk out of the shop. What's up with him?
Notes[edit | edit source]
- You can only attempt to charge each item (out of Dark Wand, Light Wand, Orb, Staff, and The Elder Wand) once per visit; this cap is per item type rather than per item copy. (For example, if you have a regular Light Wand and a Duplicate Light Wand, after you choose a copy in the Shop, you cannot choose the other copy, even if you don't actually charge a Spell with the 1st copy.)
- Each time you want to charge an item, you have to "use" it. This can't be done by a player who is Disarmed or Incapacitated, or Reincarnated without having Totem Of The Beast. Note that if you gain one of these statuses while already viewing spells for an item, you can still charge the item with one of the spells.
- Not all spells are shown when charging an item.
- When charging a Dark Wand or Light Wand, the 3 common spells for the respective Wand are always shown. In addition, 1 rare spell is shown without Expert Mode selected in Game Creation, and 2 are shown with Expert Mode.
- When charging an Orb, Staff, or The Elder Wand, 1 common light spell and 1 common dark spell are always shown along with 2 rare light spells and 2 rare dark spells.
- Spell prices for the Staff are 3x the spell prices for Wands or the Orb. This rule is carried over for Haggle Expert; it makes Staff spell prices drop by 3 Rupees. It is also carried over for Wild Mode: Silly Sales; the Wand/Orb price is affected by the Wild Mode before being multiplied by 3.
- If you charge an already charged Orb with a spell, it turns into a Shimmering Orb with 3 charges. (Charging a Shimmering Orb here will refresh the amount of charges to 3 but will remove any current spell without replacing it.)
- You can throw a Pocket Ball at a cat (if its collar hasn't been removed yet) after you've finished charging items.
- If you try, instead of catching the cat, a force will cast Blind on you and give you a Curse from the generic Lesser Curse-givers pool; both the Blind and the Curse can be blocked simultaneously with any form of spell immunity or spell protection.
- If the spell protection can absorb/reflect/redirect, it does so to the Blind Spell but not the Curse.
- If you block the Blind and Curse, you can use the Divine Blessing skill (with Empowered Dice gained), the Dispel Magic skill, or any Spell item/skill charged with Remove Curse to gain the Decursed Cat Collar item and activate the Ancient Magics Global Effect. You will also have a chance to capture Salem the Cat with your Pocket Ball.
- Salem will not appear on future visits to The Magic Shop after his collar is removed.
- Holy Water can be used after the Curse is blocked; the event simply ends without gaining the Collar.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Anime Magic Shop
Classic Magic Shop
Forest Owl Magic Shop
Sexy Magic Shop
Steampunk Magic Shop