The Doctor In The TARDIS
Jump to navigation Jump to search
If you're looking for this event's flavor text, see The Doctor In The TARDIS (flavor text).
In the event, the player can say yeah to the Doctor to go inside the TARDIS or say no to leave the event.
- If you go inside the TARDIS, you can choose to go to The Prehistory, The Middle Ages, or The Future. If the Weeping Angel mystery has not yet been solved, you can also instead [Become the Doctor's companion!].
- If you choose to become the Doctor's companion:
- If you give the correct answer in the The Weeping Angel subevent, you'll go to The Entrance Hall in The Haunted Mansion.
- Answers with Haunted and/or Mansion and/or Graveyard work for the The Weeping Angel subevent (with a typing field). The answers aren't case sensitive.
- When you would normally reach The Doctor In The TARDIS, it will be replaced by other events until the Weeping Angel mystery is solved:
- The Weeping Angel (with typing field) page replaces this event each time it would be visited if you fail to give the correct location until the correct location is given.
- After giving the correct location but before entering the door to the Secret Room in The First Floor, this event is replaced each time it would be visited by a The Haunted Mansion page (not the fleshed out event entrance) which leads directly to The First Floor in The Haunted Mansion, from which you can unlock the door to the Secret Room with your Sonic Screwdriver (even if it's on cooldown). (The Secret Room will initially have no options unless you have Arcane Vision, in which case you proceed to The Weeping Angel Interface.)
- After entering the Secret Room without Arcane Vision but before giving the correct answer in A Matter Of Perception, this event is replaced with A Matter Of Perception (unless The Secret Room has been revealed directly through The Haunted Mansion), in which the player can give an answer to what could penetrate a Perception Filter.
- If you give the correct answer in A Matter Of Perception, you'll go to the Dorium Maldovar subevent and be given a choice of receiving a Magic Carrot or a Ring Of Arcane Vision. You'll then return to the Secret Room. (If you don't have Arcane Vision upon entering it, the event ends, and using the Sonic Screwdriver again will return you to A Matter Of Perception unless The Secret Room has been revealed directly through The Haunted Mansion.)
- Answers with Arcane work as answers for the A Matter Of Perception event. The answer is not case sensitive.
- After reaching the Secret Room (either from Dorium Maldovar or from The Haunted Mansion) with Arcane Vision but before using an item on The Weeping Angel Interface, this event is replaced each time it would be visited by a The Weeping Angel page which proceeds to The Weeping Angel Interface.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Upon entering the Secret Room in The Haunted Mansion with Arcane Vision, you'll go to The Weeping Angel Interface; on this page, you can either use an item from your inventory that matches the silhouette shown of a random item or leave. Using the item will complete the Weeping Angel mystery.
- Item silhouettes which are known to appear in the Interface include the silhouettes of: ACME Magnet, Banana, Gun, Hammer, Mining Pick, Sword, Time Travel Condom
- The silhouette shown to a player once will remain the same upon future visits.
- The silhouette shown can be different for each player. Note that one player solving the mystery doesn't prevent others from solving it.
- The reward for solving the Weeping Angel mystery is a Soulstone, Ethereal Gloves, a choice between a Gallifreyan Time Watch and a Quantum Crystallizer, and a random item out of the pool of Bottle Of Nanogenes, Contained Huon Particles, and Sprig Of Celery.
- If you don't have Arcane Vision upon entering the Secret Room initially but have Arcane Vision upon the next calling of the Doctor with your Sonic Screwdriver but before answering correctly in A Matter Of Perception, you'll still go to A Matter Of Perception initially rather than Perception Filter Penetrated unless you've penetrated the perception filter in the Secret Room directly through The Haunted Mansion.
- After the inside of the Secret Room's true form is revealed with Arcane Vision, it remains revealed to you on future visits to the room, even if you have lost your Arcane Vision.
- After the mystery is solved by a player, the Secret Room can't be entered any more by them.