If you're looking for the flavor text for this event, see The Beach (flavor text).
The Beach is an event that can be reached with the Going To The Beach Buff, from the Leave The City option in City Over The Narrow Sea, from The Pirate Ship, from the Arcane Portal found in The Haunted Mansion's Cellar, or randomly by using an Inflatable Crocodile at the Subterranean Stream Inside The Cave. It cannot simply be a random event.
In the event, you have various options. The normal options are explained under Standard Options, and changes from the normal options are explained under Summer.
Standard Options[edit | edit source]
- [Take a long walk at the beach.] and [Leave.] always appears as options.
- Palm Tree and The Fisherman both appear randomly and can appear at the same time.
- Before selecting an option, Fishing Pole and Pet Bear can be used to fish at this location (including during Summer); Pet Bear can catch Fish, while Fishing Pole can catch Crabs and Hammerhead Shark in addition to generic items.
- Also before selecting an option, A Bucket can be filled with water at this location (including during Summer).
- This is a special location for the Shovel. Items which can be dug up include: Torn Memento: Left Side, Sunscreen, Beach Ball with Broken enchantment, Boots, Broken Glass, Ordinary Ring, Ordinary Necklace, and 1 Rupee.
Palm Tree[edit | edit source]
- If you have Lucky and successfully get a Coconut, you have a chance to also gain an item out of Bee Hive, Chameleon, Cockatiel, and Crabs.
The Fisherman[edit | edit source]
The player can pay 15 Rupees to obtain a Fishing Pole and learn the Fisherman feat from The Fisherman. Alternatively, the player can ask for a free tip, prompting The Fisherman to give hints towards location(s) where a specific non-generic fish/other water creature can be caught.
[Take a long walk at the beach.][edit | edit source]
You go to one of the following randomly selected subevents:
Subevents[edit | edit source]
- Bucket- The player receives a Bucket. (It is too late to fill it with water this turn.)
- Crabs- The player is infected with Crabs for 5 turns (non-cubus)/15 turns (-cubus) and has a chance to catch Crabs in their Pocket Ball.
- Message In A Bottle- The player receives Broken Glass and potentially a message from a player who bought Message in a Bottle at the BG Shop within the last month is shown.
- Necklace- The player receives an Ordinary Necklace.
- Old Fishing Pole- The player receives a Fishing Pole. (It is too late to fish with it this turn.)
- Sea Star- The player receives a Fairy Crystal.
[Leave.][edit | edit source]
Nothing happens in the event.
Summer[edit | edit source]
- The Beach has 2 additional options compared with the standard options during Summer: The Mobile Beach Shop and Water Skiing.
- During Summer, The Beach has a 100% chance to have The Mobile Beach Shop, [Take a long walk at the beach.], and [Leave.] as options, a random chance for Water Skiing and Palm Tree, and a 0% chance for The Fisherman.
- Water Skiing and Palm Tree cannot both appear as options at the same time.
- Pamela Anderson/David Hasselhoff have a random chance of appearing at the same time as the Water Skiing option; the one that appears is based on the player's account's chosen sexual preference.
Water Skiing[edit | edit source]
- The player can pay 5 Rupees to "a blonde guy in a speedboat" to go water skiing, or they can leave and the event ends.
- If you pay the Rupees, you will go 4-6 spaces forward and be given an option to continue or stop; stopping at this point does not incur a penalty.
- If continuing, you will go 6-8 spaces forward and be given an option to continue or stop; stopping at this point will have the player become Incapacitated unless Pamela Anderson/David Hasselhoff is on the beach, in which case there is no penalty.
- If continuing, you will go 8-10 spaces forward, then on the next page you will be killed by a shark unless Pamela Anderson/David Hasselhoff is on the beach, in which case there is no penalty. Supposing the player is killed by the shark but is somehow alive, they will have an option to use a Fishing Pole (Pet Bear isn't an option) to catch the Loan Shark which killed them; this option is not given if the player is saved by Pamela Anderson/David Hasselhoff.
The Mobile Beach Shop[edit | edit source]
Shop Introduction[edit | edit source]
Shop Interface[edit | edit source]
|The Mobile Beach Shop|
|'Have a look around, dude/girl. It's all premium stuff.'|
|Item||Price||Description upon purchase|
|Beer||2 Rupees||'Gotta stay hydrated and inebriated, amiright?'|
|Sunscreen||4 Rupees||'If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it. The long-term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists, whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience.'|
|Beach Ball||5 Rupees||'It's the perfect design, dude/girl! No need to change a thing about this classic!'|
|Inflatable Female Crocodile||6 Rupees||'I call this one Croque Madame, because she's such a lady!'|
|Inflatable Male Crocodile||6 Rupees||'I call this one Croque Monsieur, because he's such a gentleman!'|
|Ice Cream||7 Rupees||'It's hot out today. An ice cream sounds like a great idea!'|
|Solar Panel||8 Rupees||'The sun can be unbearable in the summer, but at least this baby makes good use of it!'|
|Salsamander||9 Rupees||'Right on! This little amigo is the best pet for late night summer parties!'|
|Cocktail Shaker||11 Rupees||'You can't celebrate the summer without cocktails, dude/girl!'|
|Hamburger||14 Rupees||'Ohhh, man! I don't like to brag, but I make one mean burger! This son of a bitch will NOT disappoint you!'|
|Party Cooler||14 Rupees||'With weather like this, you sure need this baby to keep everything nice and cool!'|
|Generic post-purchase quote|
|'If you need anything else, give me a nudge.'|
|Insufficient funds quote|
|'Sorry, dude. I need the money for gas. Come back when you brought your wallet with you!'|
|You seem to have died somehow, so Landon moves his van a bit. Corpses are so uncool.|
|'See you around, dude/girl! I'll be here all summer if you need me!'|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Inflatable Crocodiles are each available 50% of the time at the Shop; exactly one will be available at the same time per visit.
- The Cocktail Shaker, Party Cooler, Salsamander and Solar Panel items are each available 25% of the time at the Shop; exactly one will be available at the same time per visit.