The Academy Of Adventure
If you're looking for the flavor text for the events in which you learn the feats from the purchased courses, see Academy Courses (flavor text).
Shop Introduction[edit | edit source]
|The Academy Of Adventure|
You walk across a wide campus. Students sit on the grass, studying, enjoying the sun. Ahhhh, it's the Academy... of Adventure!
Shop Interface[edit | edit source]
|You check out a list of courses that's pinned to the wall:
|Bear Behavior||2 Rupees||Learn all there is to know about bears. With your awesome new bear knowledge, you'll flee 75% less spaces when the Bear chases you backwards.|
|Bounty Hunting||2 Rupees||Learn about the honorable profession of bounty hunting! You will gain 3 Rupees whenever you kill someone.|
|Druggy||2 Rupees||Become a professional drug user. You don't receive negative effects from drugs and will receive the Blaze It buff from smoking Weed, causing your next roll to be high.|
|Firearms Specialist||2 Rupees||Learn a thing or two about handling guns. Your kill chance when you shoot someone with the Gun is increased by a fair bit.|
|Fisherman||2 Rupees||Become a true Fisherman to catch all those rare fish! Increases your chance to catch a rare fish by 20%.|
|Grenadier||2 Rupees||Become a true Grenadier and blast your foes to tiny bits! Increases your range with grenades by 30 spaces. Affected items are: Hand Grenade, Holy Hand Grenade, Combustible Lemon and Sex Bomb.|
|Haggle Expert||2 Rupees||Haggle your way out of high shop prices. You pay 1 Rupee less for most items and spells in most shops.|
|Human Aerodynamics||2 Rupees||Do you like to launch yourself with Catapults? Excellent! Learn how to reliably become a human bullet! With this expertise you'll have a 70% better survival chance when you launch yourself with the Catapult!|
|Pathfinding||3 Rupees||Learn the ways of the pathfinder and discover paths where others can't see them. You will always discover a 5th option at the Crossroads event.|
|Shield Mastery||2 Rupees||Improve your Shield. Your Shield will work against Hammers and Torches and additionally remove the Speed penalty from raising an upgraded Shield!|
|Spare Time Efficiency||2 Rupees||Got spare time? Why not use it to make some investments? Learn how to make 3 Rupees whenever you skip a turn!|
|Spell Deflecting||3 Rupees||Getting harrassed by magic spells? Follow this course by Dumbledore himself to learn how best to deflect those nasty spells! You will have a 25% chance to deflect any direct harmful spell that's thrown your way.|
|Spelunking||4 Rupees||A true cave explorer knows all about spelunking. You always find 5 options when you enter the Cave! In addition, you have permanent vision in the Cave, the Dungeon Crawl and the Archaeology Dig!|
|Tinkering Quietly||1 Rupee||Learn how to tinker in silence. You will no longer cause logs in the chat when you place a Glue Mine, Teleporter or TNT and when you release an Explosive Sheep.|
|Trivia Expertise||1 Rupee||Get your head pumped full of silly trivia! Whenever you get a Trivia question, one bad answer will automatically be striked through.|
|Generic post-purchase quote|
|You have subscribed to the X course. You'll spend your next turn studying and doing exams.|
|Insufficient funds quote|
|It would seem that you are too poor to subscribe to that course. Alas... this knowledge must remain hidden.|
|You seem to have died somehow. The campus groundskeeper drags your body off into his hut. Hmmmm... okay.|
|Before seeing courses: Are you scared of some adventure?|
After seeing courses: You leave the academy.
Effect Tooltip[edit | edit source]
Academy Course Tooltip You're studying for a course at the Academy Of Adventure.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Only 1 course can be purchased per visit. Upon purchase, you gain the Academy Course effect connected to a queue for an event in which you gain the Learnable Feat corresponding to the bought course.
- If you purchase the Haggle Expert course, you will gain also 1 Rupee in its course event.
- Only 3 courses (or less if you have >12 of the feats) are available for purchase per visit; if you already have a Learnable Feat, it won't show up as a course option for you.
- If you have Spell Deflecting due to an item's passive effect, it still won't show up as a course option.
- If you subscribe to the Spell Deflecting course and then gain an item which passively grants Spell Deflecting before the course, you'll still learn it from the course; if you later lose said item, you retain the feat.
- The available courses shown on one visit won't be carried over to future visits; you'll get a new random selection from the course pool.
- This event is formatted somewhat like a shop but doesn't have course prices affected by the Haggle Expert feat and does not count as a shop for Hypnotic Influence. It does, however, have prices affected by Wild Mode: Silly Sales.