Class Choice Phase
There are 2 potential loops in the turn structure with Class Choice Phases. The 1st loop it is a part of occurs between the Effects Phase and the Choose An Item Phase. The 2nd loop it is a part of normally occurs between the Choose An Item Phase and the Poll Phase. (U.N. Voting for Jason's Mask technically has its own phase between the Choose An Item Phase and the Poll Phase; as such, a loop can occur between the Choose An Item Phase and the U.N. Voting Phase and between the U.N. Voting Phase and the Poll Phase.)
- The aforementioned loops are comprised of the Class Choice Phase and Jukebox Phase as step 1 and the Resurrection Phase as step 2.
- The Phases in step 1 are cycled through, checking for the most recently queued event among the 2 Phases until a new event cannot be reached. Then, in step 2, a Resurrection Phase event is checked for. Steps 1 and 2 are cycled through until a new event cannot be reached in either step, at which point the loop is exited.
- With Instant Classes active, a Class Choice event is queued immediately before a Jukebox event at the start of the game.
- In Boss Mode, with Extra Classes in Passives & Effects active, a Jukebox event is queued before the Boss-related Class Choice events at the start of the game.
- Supposing you have 2 or more Choose Class effects and a Jukebox event is then queued, the Jukebox event is queued after the first Class Choice event and before the 2nd Class Choice event; this occurs because only 1 Class Choice event can be queued at a time. (This is assuming you do not have a Choose Class Combo effect as a Class Choice event cannot be queued while you have a Classy Combos event queued.)
- You must have a Choose Class effect for a Class Choice event to be queued. It is guaranteed to be taken from the queue by the turn player during the check in such a circumstance unless they have a Choose Class Combo effect which they gained before any Choose Class effect they have or they are Reincarnated (in which case the event cannot be reached.)
- The queue is typically checked on the visible page immediately preceding this phase. (If the visible page immediately preceding the Class Choice Phase is before the Effects Phase, the queue is checked on an invisible page immediately before the first visible Class Choice Phase page.)
- In a Class Choice event, you receive a class that you do not have going into the event.
- If Random Class is selected during game creation, your class is instantly randomly selected from among those you don't have.
- If Three Classes or Wild Mode: Classy Combos is selected during game creation, you can choose a class from 3 (or 2 if there are only 2) randomly selected classes you do not have going into the event or choose to randomly select one of the given 3 (or 2 if there are only 2.)
- If All Classes is selected during game creation, you can choose any class you do not have going into the event or choose to randomly select one.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Objection! skill will fail to make a Forced End if it is used during a Class Choice event, though Pillow and Lost Memento can be used as normal.
- Alchemist, Druid, Illusionist, and Necromancer can only appear in a Class Choice event in Expert games.
- Donor classes can normally only appear in a Class Choice event if the amount of money donated collectively by the players in the game at the time Round 1 begins is sufficient. (The determinative amount won't change if players leave after this point.) The collective amounts required are:
- All classes will appear in a Class Choice event during Party Time regardless of the donated amount.
- During Game Creation, players who have donated at least €20 can put restrictions on which classes will be available in a Class Choice event.
- If you already have all but 1 obtainable class when a Class Choice event is reached, it is replaced by Outclassed! in which you instantly gain that class without making a choice.
- If you already have all obtainable classes when a Class Choice event is reached, it is replaced by Not Classy Enough in which you gain a Banana.
- The Illusionist class is always unavailable if the Wild Mode: Racing In Reverse Global Effect is active.