Scarf Of The Serpent is an item.
Usage[edit | edit source]
Passive Effect[edit | edit source]
- Passively turns all of your items Coldblooded:
Notes[edit | edit source]
- A Scarf Of The Serpent with its passive effect active will be Frozen for double the amount of turns. However, an already Frozen Scarf Of The Serpent will NOT gain double the turns of Frozen if it gains additional turns of Frozen.
- If a Scarf Of The Serpent with its passive effect active is Frozen simultaneously with another item(s), it's possible for some of the other items to be Frozen extra turns due to the Scarf while at the same time some of them may not be Frozen extra turns; items are Frozen in a random order from a source like The Wheel Of Fuckery, and once the Scarf is Frozen, items Frozen after will not gain extra turns.
Event Use[edit | edit source]
How To Obtain[edit | edit source]
Items[edit | edit source]
Events[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Use Gubraithian Fire OR Spicy Grapes OR RC Attack Helicopter OR Spicy Sunflower Seeds + Sunflower + Uni-Corn OR Call Demon+Ring Of Fire with an Energize Staff to keep yourself on Fire every turn. The former 2 options can be used with other Staffs as well, such as one charged with Death, Disarm, Polymorph, or Liquidize (esp. in a duel) or Cards Of Fate.
- Optionally, you can even Energize every turn with Fire from a source listed above along with an Energize Staff, Condense Magic/Fairy Form: Extract Essence/Radiance, and Chaotic Energy OR a Living Energize Staff and either Pack Leader, Shapeshift w/Man Of The Wild Talent, The Pied Piper's Pipe, or Gnome, Conjurer's Cookbook, and Condense Magic/Fairy Form: Extract Essence OR Ring Of Fire with Class Talent (or potentially Jewelizer or even Holy Hammer) with an Energize Staff and Jewel Juicer OR an Energize Staff, Tinker (esp. with Talent)/Soldering Torch, Metro-Gnome, and Kronos' Sickle. This can be especially strong if you are a Lawyer due to turn denial with the Objection! Talent in an FFA.
- Hot Potato and Warlock's Fire skills along with periodic Fire Foliots from Call Demon are less effective but useful alternatives to keep yourself on Fire every turn.
- If you have 4 Hot Potatoes (possible with Duplicates), you'll have the necessary Fire applied passively.
- Salsamander can be used to keep yourself on Fire for as many turns as you have Food items.
- Avoid gaining Fire Immunity to protect your items since it removes Fire. Instead, gain Frigid Fairy or Curse Of Cold for a Frozen item every turn along with Frostfire Figurine OR gain Frostfire Protection along with either Frost Immunity or Frostfire Figurine or a Frostproof, Highly Flammable item OR gain Apollo's Phoenix (ideally with either Fireproof enchantments on the Scarf and any other items essential for Fire looping or with 3 Highly Flammable junk items) OR gain the Gobbo King Buff OR gain the 3 basic Gobbos with the Fireproof enchantment (such that the King is burned every turn.) If using an Energize Staff every turn, Deadly Illusion w/Class Talent can also be used.
- Enchant's Fireproof enchantment is a less effective but useful alternative.
- Toasty is a solid alternative, though it can't be maintained long-term under normal circumstances; you'd need either multiple Duplicate Buyback Bots or a stream of Cloneggs from Sabo-Tinker or from the Future Shop on Wednesday.
- Supposing you want to use Frostfire Figurine, etc. instead of Frost Immunity, Police Badge along with multiple Ancient Ice Crystals can pose a huge threat to your inventory, with Scarf doubling the amount of Frozen turns from each item. To counter this threat, you can keep a Bearskin Vest, Fireflies, etc. inside of a Safe/Magic Hat until it is needed; in this case, even a player with the Sabotage Talent won't be able to preemptively burn or freeze the non-player inventory it is in. The Dragon Spirit Of Han is a solid counter if you can manage to get it. Balm Of Anubis can also work as a solid counter, though it requires death. Race: Wendigo is another counter that needs a Food item; ideally this would be something Frostproof, like Twinky.
- With Frigid Fairy and Frostfire Figurine, you can keep Demon Sword while also continuously triggering Scarf; you can Freeze Demon Sword whenever you want to stop the Fire Immunity, and after it gets thawed by Fire you will have it available for its various event uses and have it as backup in case you are hit with multiple turns of Fire and are prevented from using Frigid Fairy (e.g. if you are killed by Brahmastra.)
- With Apollo's Phoenix, beware that other players within 50 spaces of you can break the protection with their items burning.
- With Frostfire Protection protecting your items from Fire, the protection will be interrupted when you die because your Aegis will be lowered. To remedy this:
- You could raise the Aegis again with Ethereal Gloves/Ethereal Soul while Dead (or even enchant the Aegis to be Ethereal for the same purpose.)
- Balm Of Anubis can be used to maintain protection while Dead (and for thawing items if you don't have Bearskin Vest/Spear Of Skadi) at the cost of your Fire being removed even if you quickly revive.
- Beware that if you are Disarmed, then killed, then revived and set on Fire, these options will be circumvented; a Saboteur could do this and make your Scarf Highly Flammable to burn it. Having other Highly Flammable items as a buffer to reduce the chance of the Scarf burning or having Apollo's Phoenix as backup is ideal.
- Ruby Necklace allows for a constant Speed Boost if on Fire every turn.
- If using Spicy Grapes every turn, make sure they're Delicious, gain Uni-Corn to cast a random rare Light Spell every turn, gain Chef's Hat for more Food, and gain Spork for extra space gain.
- If burning an item every turn with Gobbo King or Apollo's Phoenix, Race: Tiefling will grant you a Demon army.
- Resilience can prevent the constant knockback from Fire. That said, it may be preferable to be knocked back by Fire if you have Poseidon's Trident, such that you gain many stacks of Earthshaker's Fury.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Inspired by the thermo that introduced the Frozen status.