If you're looking for this phase's flavor text, see Round Effects (flavor text).
Round Effects is the first thing to occur in any Round.
When a game of BGO is started, the turn order among players is decided. The player who is first in the turn order will normally be the player that begins each Round and also be the only player to control the Round Effects page. If said player leaves the game, the person closest before them in the join order (looping back to the bottom) takes their place for this role.
Despite Round Effects being treated as part of the controller's turn when considering how a Forced End interacts with it, win conditions are checked in-between Round Effects and its controller's (assume no hypnotization) Skip Phase. This suggests that there is no clear answer as to whether or not Round Effects is itself a turn.
Round Effects is by all means a global affair with all players' things being checked. All effects in this phase occur on one page each Round.
Some effects happen here even if the phase itself is invisible.
Standard Effects[edit | edit source]
- Turn counters for Global Effects tick down.
- Seventh Ring Of Hell's turn counter ticks down by 1.
- Items in non-player inventories (like inside Pawn Shop or Magic Hat) have the following activate:
- Cooldowns tick down by 1
- Non-Amethyst Lightsaber and Phaser lose 5% Energy, Teleporter Activator loses 13-17% Energy, and Gallifreyan Time Watch loses 3-6% Energy
- Seventh Ring Of Hell's turn counter ticks down by 1; supposing the turn counter hits 0, the generation won't activate, and the turn counter remains at 0, to be activated after it is removed from the NPC inventory
- Shimmering Orb's turn counter ticks down by 1; supposing the turn counter hits 0, it charges with another Spell.
- Dragonling's turn counter ticks down by 1; supposing the turn counter hits 0, it flies away.
- Early Reinforcements on a Round from 2-6 determined during game creation
- Wildcard: Shops Generation warning the Round before the generation
- Wildcard: Shops Generation on Round 3 and on other Rounds determined during game creation.
- Minigame warning the Round before a Minigame
- Random Minigame pops up for all players out of Bouncing Balloons, Cock Counters, Mechanical Memory, Color Combos, Item Identifier, Mathy Madness, and Grave Guesser. The player(s) with the best score in the minigame receives 2 items (or 3 items during Party Time.)
- Missing Dragon's Hoard is replenished
- Empty Dragon's Nest is replenished
- A new Dragon replaces a dead one
- Income Global Effect activates
- Everyone Disarmed Global Effect wears off
- Double Classes Global Effect activates and wears off
- Triple Classes Global Effect activates and wears off
- Ooo Prism Generation Global Effect activates
- Iron Coin Generation Global Effect activates
- T-Rex Global Effect activates or wears off
- Life Ward Global Effect activates and/or wears off
- U.N. Voting Global Effect activates and wears off
- Auction Global Effect activates and wears off
- Signal Jam Global Effect wears off
- Lure Module Global Effect wears off
- Wild Mode: Artifacts For All Global Effect activates
- Wild Mode: The Hungrier Games Global Effect activates
- Wild Mode: What The Flux?! Global Effect activates
- Shimmering Orb is charged with a spell
- Dragonlings fly away
Seasonal Effects[edit | edit source]
- Box Of Chocolates Generation (Valentine's Week)
- Romantic Rose Generation (Valentine's Week)
- April's Aristocrats- All players gain 100 Rupees. (Requires the Actually Pretty Radical Item Loot (SPECIAL!) option chosen during game creation.) (April Fools)
- Overlord Overload- All players gain the Overlord Buff. (Requires the Actually Pretty Radical Item Loot (SPECIAL!) option chosen during game creation.) (April Fools)
- Fresh Towels- All players gain a Towel. Activates every 15-20 Rounds. (Towel Day)
- Heat Wave- All players gain 6 turns of Dehydration (or have the turn counter of an already existing Dehydration Debuff lowered by 2.) (Summer)
- Forecast: Blistering Sun- Blistering Sun occurs during the next 3 Round Effects. (Summer)
- Blistering Sun- 1 Sunburn stack is applied to all living players that don't have the Sunscreen Buff on each of the 3 Rounds following Forecast: Blistering Sun. (Summer)
- Oktoberfest Ticket- All players gain an Oktoberfest Ticket. Activates on Round 2 and every 15 Rounds beginning on Round 16. (Oktoberfest)
- All players receive the Pick Snowballs skill (Winter)