If you're looking for this phase's flavor text, see Round Effects (flavor text).
Round Effects is the first thing to occur in any Round.
When a game of BGO is started, the turn order among players is decided. The player who is last in the turn order will have Round Effects occur immediately after their turn ends. (If they leave the game during their turn, the player right before them in join order will have Round Effects.)
In some ways, Round Effects functions as if part of the turn of the player who is last in the turn order.
- If there is a Forced End during Round Effects, the player who is first in the turn order still gets their turn.
- The player who is last in the turn order can be Hypnotized during Round Effects.
- Pillow and Lost Memento can be used successfully by the player who is last in the turn order during Round Effects.
- Pick Snowballs can successfully be used during the Snow round effect by the player who is last in the turn order.
However, win conditions are checked in-between the turn of the player who is last in the turn order and Round Effects, which is a way that Round Effects does not function as if part of the turn of the player who is last in the turn order.
Special traits of Round Effects are:
- Win conditions are checked right after continuing from Round Effects.
- There is a slight delay once Round Effects starts before players can continue from it.
- All players are able to continue from Round Effects starting at the same time, long before the action timer runs out.
Round Effects is by all means a global affair with all players' things being checked. All effects in this phase occur on one page each Round.
Some effects happen here even if the phase itself is invisible.
Standard Effects[edit | edit source]
- Turn counters for Global Effects tick down.
- Seventh Ring Of Hell's turn counter ticks down by 1.
- Items in non-player inventories have the following activate:
- Cooldowns tick down by 1
- Frozen turn counters tick down by 1
- Non-Amethyst Lightsaber and Phaser lose 5% Energy, Teleporter Activator loses 13-17% Energy, and Gallifreyan Time Watch loses 3-6% Energy
- Seventh Ring Of Hell's turn counter ticks down by 1; supposing the turn counter hits 0, the generation won't activate, and the turn counter remains at 0, to be activated in the first Effects Phase after the Ring is removed from the NPC inventory
- Early Reinforcements on a Round from 2-6 determined during game creation
- Wildcard: Shops Generation warning the Round before the generation
- Wildcard: Shops Generation on Round 3 and on other Rounds determined during game creation.
- Minigame warning the Round before a Minigame
- Random Minigame pops up for all players out of Bouncing Balloons, Cock Counters, Mechanical Memory, Color Combos, Item Identifier, Mathy Madness, and Grave Guesser. The player(s) with the best score in the minigame receives 2 items (or 3 items during Party Time.)
- Missing Dragon's Hoard is replenished
- Empty Dragon's Nest is replenished
- A new Dragon replaces a dead one
- Income Global Effect activates
- Everyone Disarmed Global Effect wears off
- Double Classes Global Effect activates and wears off
- Triple Classes Global Effect activates and wears off
- Ooo Prism Generation Global Effect activates
- Iron Coin Generation Global Effect activates
- T-Rex Global Effect activates or wears off
- Life Ward Global Effect activates and/or wears off
- U.N. Voting Global Effect activates and wears off
- Auction Global Effect activates and wears off
- Signal Jam Global Effect wears off
- Lure Module Global Effect wears off
- Wild Mode: Artifacts For All Global Effect activates
- Wild Mode: Classy Combos Global Effect activates
- Wild Mode: Silly Sales Global Effect activates
- Wild Mode: The Hungrier Games Global Effect activates
- Wild Mode: The Hungriest Games Global Effect activates
- Wild Mode: What The Flux?! Global Effect activates
Seasonal Effects[edit | edit source]
- Box Of Chocolates Generation (Valentine's Week)
- Romantic Rose Generation (Valentine's Week)
- April's Aristocrats- All players gain 100 Rupees. (Requires the Actually Pretty Radical Item Loot (SPECIAL!) option chosen during game creation.) (April Fools)
- Overlord Overload- All players gain the Overlord Buff. (Requires the Actually Pretty Radical Item Loot (SPECIAL!) option chosen during game creation.) (April Fools)
- Fresh Towels- All players gain a Towel. Activates every 15-20 Rounds. (Towel Day)
- Heat Wave- All players gain 6 turns of Dehydration (or have the turn counter of an already existing Dehydration Debuff lowered by 2.) (Summer)
- Forecast: Blistering Sun- Blistering Sun occurs during the next 3 Round Effects. (Summer)
- Blistering Sun- 1 Sunburn stack is applied to all living players that don't have the Sunscreen Buff on each of the 3 Rounds following Forecast: Blistering Sun. (Summer)
- Oktoberfest Ticket- All players gain an Oktoberfest Ticket. Activates on Round 2 and every 15 Rounds beginning on Round 16. (Oktoberfest)
- Snow- It starts snowing, and all players receive the Pick Snowballs skill. Activates on a random Round from 6-16. Pick Snowballs can be used here to gain Snowballs. (Winter)