Roll Phase

From Board Game Online Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

The Roll Phase occurs between the Skip Phase and the Fixed Chance Phase. In it, the turn player rolls two 6-sided dice on the Roll Dice page and moves forward spaces by the amount rolled plus total Speed (in a single action). This action has a default 10% chance to be followed by the Roll Streak x2 page.

Each Roll Streak x# page allows you to roll again, consequently again moving forward spaces by the amount rolled plus total Speed. Each roll on a page like this has a default 10% chance to queue another Roll Streak x# page, though there is a built-in limit of 6 maximum rolls per phase.

The Roll The Dice page with the "Proceed..." button is normally the last page of this phase, occurring after the Roll Dice page or final Roll Streak x# page.

If the turn player is alive when this phase starts but dies and tries to continue while Dead on either the Roll Dice page or a Roll Streak x# page, they get the message that they can't roll dice while dead as the last page of this phase.

If the turn player is Dead when this phase starts, their Tombstone will be shown on the Dead page, the first and last page of this phase, and they won't be able to roll for the phase even if they revive before continuing.

If you complete a 4th roll in a single Roll Phase by clicking the "Roll Streak x4" button/auto-continuing from the Roll Streak x4 page while alive, you instantly gain a D6.

A random Tip is given at the bottom of each Roll Dice page.

Related Items[edit | edit source]

  • Golden Ring Of King Midas' Roll Streak Riches- Grants 5-9 Rupees every time you actually click the "Roll streak x#" button on a "Roll Streak x#" page while alive.
  • Ring Of Roll Streak- Passively adds 5% chance for a roll streak to the base 10% chance for a cumulative 15% chance.
  • Sealed Container Of Force- 1 seal is broken every time you reach a "Roll Streak x#" page.
  • Sealed Container Of The Gemini- 1 seal is broken every time you roll doubles.
  • Tesseract- You don't move due to dice rolls in the Roll Phase (including from Speed.) Instead, when you roll, you store the spaces that you would have moved (including from Speed) inside this skill for its Standard Use.

Related Skills[edit | edit source]

  • Dice Jump- You don't move due to dice rolls in the Roll Phase (including from Speed.) Instead, when you roll, you store the spaces that you would have moved (including from Speed) inside this skill for its Standard Use.

Related Effects[edit | edit source]

  • Blaze It Buff- Each die you roll will have an outcome of 5 or 6. The effect cannot stack and wears off immediately after a single roll. (meaning that if gained before Roll Dice, it doesn't apply to the roll for Roll Streak x2)
  • Crabs Debuff- You are reduced to rolling with 1 die instead of 2.
  • Defective Dice Debuff- You don't move due to dice rolls (including from Speed.)
  • Empowered Dice Buff- You have a 100% instead of 10% chance to have a roll streak every time you roll with this Buff active. The effect can stack under one Buff. 1 stack is removed on every "Roll Streak x#" page until 0 stacks are reached and the Buff is removed.
  • Force Of The Dagda Buff- Each die you roll will never have an outcome below 4.
  • Inverted Dice Debuff- Turns the movement forward from rolling (including Speed) into movement backward.
  • Reincarnated Neutral Effect- You are reduced to rolling with 1 die instead of 2.
  • Sapphire Necklace Buff- You gain 6 Snowballs every time you move 3 or less spaces forward in a single roll.
  • Shift Buff- Requires you to roll in your Roll Phase.
  • Speedless Roll Neutral Effect- If you have negative total Speed, this effect modifies your rolls so that you move an extra amount of spaces forward equal to the absolute value of your Speed. If you have positive total Speed, this effect modifies your rolls so that you move an extra amount of spaces backward equal to the absolute value of your Speed.
  • Steady Progression (Class Talent) Neutral Effect- Prevents you from having a natural Roll Streak and removes all of your stacks of Empowered Dice right before it would activate.
  • Unyielding Buff- If you have negative total Speed, this effect modifies your rolls so that you move an extra amount of spaces forward equal to the absolute value of your Speed.
  • Wild Mode: Racing In Reverse Global Effect- The effect of Speed on movement from rolling in the Roll Phase is reversed. Note that, unlike when you move 0 spaces with less Speed than your die roll result in a game without this mode, you will move backwards if your Speed is greater than the die roll result.