If you're looking for this event's flavor text, see Deadly Pyramid (flavor text).
- On the entrance page of The Pyramid, you are asked if you want to enter. You can choose [Yes] to enter The Pyramid and go to the So It Begins... subevent or [No] to leave the event.
- If you would reach this event while you have Pschent Of Horus or Crazy, you instead reach a So It Begins... event mechanically identical to the below So It Begins... event.
- If this event is visited from Crossroads, you start at the So It Begins... subevent page rather than at the entrance to The Pyramid.
- If this event is visited from The... ShopName?, you start at the It's A Trap! subevent page rather than at the entrance to The Pyramid.
- This is a special location for the Bug Net. Items which can be caught include: Scarab.
- This is a special location for the Shovel. Items which can be dug up are Skulls (1 to 3) and 1 Rupee.
- This is a special location for the Camel on World Camel Day. It can be used here to instead go to the Lush Oasis event.
So It Begins.../It's A Trap![edit | edit source]
The gate from which you entered slams shut. If at the So It Begins.. subevent, you now have an opportunity to mine a rock with your Mining Pick for a generic item if the flavor text notes that "you push some rocks away". (You can't mine in the It's A Trap! subevent.) Upon selecting [Continue], you will go to one of the random subevents detailed below, most of which are traps that can potentially kill you. The following should be noted:
- Your death blockers will not activate until you've left the inside of The Pyramid, even if a factor extraneous to The Pyramid kills you. (Exception: Death Immunity won't stop trap deaths but will stop deaths external to the event. Also, you lose passive granters of Death Immunity upon dying to a trap.)
- You can tell from the flavor text of a trap you've activated if it will kill you or not upon selecting [Continue]. A Forced End occurring before selecting [Continue] will be able to prevent death from the trap even if the flavor text uses the past tense to describe how you were affected.
- If you are not Dead when selecting [Continue] on a subevent below (excluding the traps which will kill, the Trap Door subevent, or the The Escape/The Great Escape subevents reached from the A Junction subevent), you will then always automatically go to another random subevent from the below list (possibly the same one consecutively). There's no hard limit to how many times this can happen in 1 turn.
- If you die by a trap, you reach the Death/Undeniable Death subevent. Selecting [Continue] on this subevent or selecting an option in any other inner pyramid subevent (besides the Improbability Device one) while Dead due to extraneous factors proceeds to the Died In The Pyramid subevent, which will end The Pyramid event (and make you lose the Pharaoh's Treasure if you have it). However, if you somehow become alive before selecting options on any of these pages, you will instead reach another random subevent below (without even losing the Pharaoh's Treasure if you have it.)
- If you use an Improbability Device on any page while inside The Pyramid (aside from the one described ahead in this sentence), all of the traps in The Pyramid will come together to kill you; this option will NOT appear as an item button in the event and must be done manually in your inventory. You cannot continue to other subevents in The Pyramid from the resultant page even if you revive before selecting [BLORB!], and you lose the Pharaoh's Treasure if you have it.
- Successfully finding an exit from the A Junction subevent after finding the Pharaoh's Treasure is the only way to win the game due to the Pharaoh's Treasure. If you do find the exit while having the treasure, you have met an alternate win condition.
Inner Pyramid Random Subevents[edit | edit source]
A Junction[edit | edit source]
- You can select a direction to go out of left, forward, and right (either using interactable options in the image or identical options in buttons below the image) and move 2-4 spaces forward.
- You could also instead [Look for an exit!]; if chosen and an exit is not found, you will then go to another inner pyramid random subevent. If chosen and successful, you leave The Pyramid.
A Scarab[edit | edit source]
- You gain a Scarab.
Burning Arrows[edit | edit source]
Burning arrows flies at you; you will randomly either duck and be unharmed or be hit by the arrows. In the event that you are hit:
- If you do not have a Shield: You gain 1 turn of the Fire Debuff, then you die upon continuing.
- If you have Shield's Passive active: You survive without gaining Fire, though your Shield burns and is lost unless it is Fireproof.
Dark Whispers[edit | edit source]
You hear a voice saying that your heart will explode; you will randomly either continue on unharmed or die.
Giant Axes[edit | edit source]
Giant axes swing down from the ceiling; you will randomly either evade them or die.
Moving Walls[edit | edit source]
Walls move inward to crush you; you will randomly either escape in time or die.
Mummy[edit | edit source]
A Mummy chases you; you will randomly either turn a corner and lose it or be grabbed by it. In the event that you are grabbed:
- You can capture the Mummy with your Pocket Ball and die.
- You can throw Holy Water on the Mummy to escape. (You can't capture it afterwards without encountering it again.)
- You can use Mummy Costume at the Mummy to escape. (You can't capture it afterwards without encountering it again.)
- If you select [Continue], you simply die.
Mummy Costume[edit | edit source]
- You gain a Mummy Costume.
Poisonous Fumes[edit | edit source]
Poisonous fumes come up from the floor; you will randomly either hold your breath and escape or die. Note that Poison Immunity will affect the flavor text but will not save you from dying.
Rolling Boulder[edit | edit source]
A boulder comes rolling down the hallway; you will randomly either avoid it or die.
Scorpion[edit | edit source]
A Scorpion falls on you; you will randomly either sweep it off quickly and move on or be stung by it. In the event that you are stung by it:
- If you have Poison Immunity, you will be fine and move on.
- If you don't have Poison Immunity, you can capture a Scorpion with your Pocket Ball right before you die.
Snake Pit[edit | edit source]
You encounter a snake pit; you will randomly either back away from the pit or fall in.
- If you fall in, you can capture a snake with your Pocket Ball right before you die.
Spikes[edit | edit source]
Spikes shoot up from the floor; you will randomly either evade them or die.
Spinning Blades[edit | edit source]
Spinning blades come out of the walls; you will randomly either evade them or die.
The Curse Of The Pharaoh[edit | edit source]
You gain the Curse Of The Pharaoh Debuff.
The Pharaoh's Treasure![edit | edit source]
You find the Pharaoh's Treasure and an Ankh Of The Pharaoh. If you can find an exit at A Junction, you will meet an alternate win condition.
If you reach this subevent again while you already have the treasure, you don't get another Ankh Of The Pharaoh.
The Pschent Of Horus[edit | edit source]
- You gain a Pschent Of Horus.
Trap Door[edit | edit source]
You are forced to leave The Pyramid. If you have the Pharaoh's Treasure, you drop it before you leave.
The Whip[edit | edit source]
- The 3rd time you enter inside of The Pyramid, you receive a Whip, and the following video plays: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuMRaHA3VZs
- The Whip can be used on a player inside The Pyramid to give them a Forced End.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Entering The Pyramid
The Pharaoh's Treasure!
Dead in The Pyramid
Mummy captured by a Pocket Ball
Flower Power Pyramid