Melee effects can be used by a player to (almost exclusively) attack another player on the same space as them.
Melee Weapons[edit | edit source]
Basic Blunt[edit | edit source]
- Holy Hammer (item)
- Hammerhead Shark
- Drunkard's Bar
- Tennis Racket
- Banana Fish
Basic Sharp[edit | edit source]
- Demon Sword
- Katana (same-space only)
- Wooden Stake
- Sanctified Stake
- Serrated Shiv
- Ethereal Dagger
- Non-Amethyst Lightsaber
- Axe (Let Me Axe You Something!'s penalty OR Power Gloves use)
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The main distinction between blunt and sharp weapons is that blunt weapons can be used to attack Dead players, triggering melee-triggered effects, while sharp weapons cannot.
- Brawler's Brew activates for blunt melee weapons specifically.
- Artifacts, Amethyst Lightsaber, Baseball Bat/Home Run Bat, Bear Boots, Bear Hands, Big Goomba Crusher, Bloodied Claws, Cat/Collarbound Cat, Crocodile, Darth Revan's Mask's Force Telekinesis, Electric Eel, Glove Of Love, Guitar, Hand Buzzer, Heroic Plush Downie, (Metsu) Shoryuken, Murder, One-Trick Pony, Pet Bear with Bear Behavior, Portable Hole, Purgenol, Rattlesnake, Rocket Boots, Seduction, Tatsumaki Senpukyaku/Tatsumaki Zankukyaku, The Power Stone, Whip, and Wolf currently do not trigger any melee-triggered effects.
- Chloroform, Pacman, and THIS IS SPARTA! are not basic melee weapons, though they can trigger Hallucination and Kansei Dorifto.
- Bear Form: Maul, Snake Form: Venomous Bite, and Pegasus Boots are not basic melee weapons, though they can trigger Spiked Protection.
- Hammer Of Justice is not a basic melee weapon, though it can trigger the Holy Hammer skill's Class Talent.
Related[edit | edit source]
Melee-Triggered Effects[edit | edit source]
The below effects activate when a melee effect (of an appropriate type) would occur. They are listed in the order they trigger in, from top to bottom.
Melee Protection[edit | edit source]
- Any Shield's Passive Effect (block)
- Shield Mastery (vs. Holy Hammer) (modify)
- Hallucination (evade)
- Kansei Dorifto (evade)
- Thick Hide (block)
- Pamela's Sweater's Passive Effect (evade)
Melee Effect[edit | edit source]
- The melee effect itself triggers here.
Success-Triggered[edit | edit source]
- Brawler's Brew
- Holy Hammer skill (Class Talent)
- Bracers Of Bladesinging/Charged Bracers Of Bladesinging
Contact-Triggered[edit | edit source]
- Algid Revenge/Jeweled Protection/Malevolent Maw/Spiked Protection
- Wooden Stake/Sanctified Stake's theft/Sanctified Stake's Curse removal and Angelic Wings granting effect/Cutlass's theft/Katana's 2-space radius attack
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If any form of melee protection (excluding Shield Mastery) triggers, no melee protection or melee effect or success-triggered effects later in the order trigger.
- Note that the Incapacitation portion of Shield Mastery is not a form of melee protection.
- If Shield Mastery (vs. Holy Hammer) triggers, no other melee protection triggers, but success-triggered effects can still activate. Also, Holy Hammer can still activate its melee effect with the modified knockback.
- Contact-triggered effects can still activate if any form of melee protection triggers excluding ones which "evade".
- If there is a Paladin Hammer Fight, no melee-triggered effects activate.
- If there is a Lightsaber Battle between 2 non-Amethyst Lightsabers, only the winner is treated as attacking, and only the loser is treated as being attacked with relation to melee-triggered effects.
- If there is a Lightsaber Battle involving a defensive Amethyst Lightsaber, no melee-triggered effects activate.
- All melee-triggered effects can trigger when an appropriate melee item/skill is used standardly or with Power Gloves or with Auto Hammer (excluding when Auto Hammer's Auto Jackhammer or the aforementioned Paladin Hammer Fight triggers.)
- If Auto Hammer's Auto Jackhammer triggers and destroys an upgraded Shield, any contact-triggered effect the Shield has cannot activate for either the initial hit or the Jackhammer hit despite such effects normally being able to activate against a standardly used Jackhammer. (This is likely an oversight by the developers.)