"Enchant your items and cast a lot of spells!"
— Former Specialized Adventuring! Description
Enchanter (or Enchantress for females) is a class. It is only available during games in which the amount of money donated collectively by the players in the game at the time Round 1 begins is at least €17.50 or during Party Time.
Passive[edit | edit source]
Magic Affinity[edit | edit source]
Tooltip Whenever a Spell is used on you, you gain a +4 Speed Boost for 1 turn.
If the Class Talent is active: Whenever you cast a Spell, make a random item Fireproof, Frostproof or Soulbound.
Effect[edit | edit source]
- You gain 1 turn of Speed Boost when you are targeted by a Spell from any player or in a standard non-player spellcasting event.
- If the Class Talent is active: Whenever you cast a Spell, a random enchantment out of Fireproof, Frostproof, and Soulbound is selected and given to a random item in your inventory that does not have that category.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- See Spell-Triggered Effects for more information on effects like both portions of Magic Affinity.
- The Cursed Gate in the Archaeology Dig cannot trigger Magic Affinity.
- In regards to the Class Talent, it's possible for a randomly selected enchantment to not be applicable to any of your items even if you have items that would be applicable with other enchantments; in this case, the enchantment simply isn't given.
Skills[edit | edit source]
Enchant[edit | edit source]
Standard Use[edit | edit source]
- Choose an enchantment out of Delicious, Ethereal, Fireproof, Frostproof, Soulbound, Sparkling. Then, you can either cancel this choice to reset this skill's Standard Use and put this skill on cooldown for only 1 turn, or you can choose an item you have; a chosen item gains the chosen enchantment if it doesn't have it already or loses the enchantment if it does have it already. (If the chosen item has the chosen enchantment as a permanent category, it is not removed; the skill still goes on cooldown as normal in this case.)
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Choosing an enchantment doesn't put this skill on cooldown.
- You can choose an Ethereal item to enchant/unenchant with this skill even if you're alive.
- If you choose the Delicious enchantment, you can only choose a Food category item.
Passive Effect[edit | edit source]
- If the Class Talent is active: Being alive doesn't prevent you from using Ethereal category items. This applies to standard use, event use, Item Recipes, and use of an Ethereal item through a skill or another item (e.g. Condense Magic, Flying Carpet, etc.)
Condense Magic[edit | edit source]
Standard Use[edit | edit source]
- Choose an item you have; destroy it.
- If the Class Talent is active, this skill's cooldown upon Standard Use is changed to be 7, and all Magic Crystals and Magic Scrolls you create with this skill are Soulbound, Fireproof, and Frostproof.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Destroying a Magic Crystal doesn't put this skill on cooldown. (Choosing a Spell afterwards does.)
Arcane Relocation[edit | edit source]
Standard Use[edit | edit source]
- Target any player. Afterwards, choose to move the target forwards or backwards:
- If you target yourself: You move (2+(X/2)) spaces in the chosen direction. ((X/2) is rounded down if it ends in .5.)
- If you target another player: The target moves (2+X) spaces in the chosen direction.
- Assume X is the target's total Speed for both above bullet points.
- If the Class Talent is active: If you target yourself, you move (4+X) spaces in the chosen direction instead of (2+(X/2)) spaces.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If you choose forward, the target goes backward if the above applicable formula results in a negative number. Similarly, if you choose backward, the target goes forward.
Passive Effect[edit | edit source]
- If the Class Talent is active: Every time you cast a spell, this skill's cooldown is reduced by 1.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- See Spell-Triggered Effects for more information on effects like the Class Talent portion of Arcane Relocation.
Event Use[edit | edit source]
- Use against The Bear!; move forward the amount of spaces the skill would move you standardly with your total Speed. (If the skill moves negatives spaces, you go backward rather than forward.) Afterwards:
- If you moved 3+ spaces forward due to Arcane Relocation (or would have moved 3+ spaces but were prevented by an effect like Rooted), you simply don't move any more spaces after. Otherwise, you are chased back the standard amount of spaces.
- The Class Talent does apply in this event.
Playstyle[edit | edit source]
Strengths[edit | edit source]
- Magic Affinity's Speed Boost can grant a lot of spaces.
- Able to keep powerful items from being stolen, burnt, or Frozen.
- Has some power while Dead through the Ethereal enchantment.
- Has indirect Rupee generation through the Sparkling enchantment.
- Great control over magic, with Condense Magic able to create Magic Crystals and Magic Scrolls of chosen spells.
- Decent space gain over time with the Delicious enchantment.
- Condense Magic can dispose of junk items like Jinxed Jewel Of Encumberment.
- Able to stall even high Speed opponents at any range with Arcane Relocation or instead give yourself a sizable boost with enough Speed.
Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
- Magic Affinity's Speed Boost can be a negative when targeted by Inverted Dice and Cursed Wounds.
- Enchant's cooldown is high enough that you often can't protect key items with all 3 protective enchantments despite all 3 corresponding threats being present.
- Saboteur's Sabotage w/Talent can remove enchantments and make key items Highly Flammable or Frozen.
- Enchant's enchantments cannot prevent non-burning destruction like from Liquidize, Tablet Of Destinies, or Global Multiversal Flux or transformations like from D-Bug. They're also unable to counter Detonation.
- Trickster Fairy makes Soulbinding key items risky.
- Getting a preferred Crystal from Condense Magic is luck-based. The cooldown is also quite high, making the inconsistency worse.
- Arcane Relocation's movement is minor when used on low Speed players. Also, if you choose a target for it preemptively, you can lock yourself out of choosing another player if you change your mind, but if you don't choose a target preemptively, it can prevent you from moving a player on reaction (such as yourself if someone lands on your space.)
Strategies[edit | edit source]
- When inflicted with Inverted Dice or Cursed Wounds, you could use Burden (potentially from Condensing a Fairy Crystal) to save yourself. You can also use Burden to transfer Disarmed By Darkness if you have Magical Mind. And you can also transfer Temporarily Denied, a particularly good option if you're past the finish line already.
- Enchant to protect your key passive items like Boots, Gloves, Orb, and Staff as well as key consumable items like Light Scroll: Life Shield, Cocaine, and Crystal Meth. Magnetic items in particularly are at risk of theft to ACME Magnet normally, but you can remedy this by Soulbinding.
- Enchant revival items (esp. Light Scroll: Revive) with the Ethereal enchantment to revive yourself. (If doing so with Light Wand/Orb/Staff, beware that the enchantment will have to be removed for new charging unless you have the Enchant Talent or somehow have Ethereal Heart.)
- Enchant items to be Sparkling and sell them at the Pawn Shop when in need of cash.
- Enchant items to be Delicious for an advantage during Hungry Games.
- Charging a Wand or an Orb with a Magic Crystal is an alternative to using Condense on the Crystal, potentially saving you 8 turns of cooldown, though you may have bad luck with the randomly charged Spell.
- Condense Crystals into Light Scrolls like Happy Crystal's Cards Of Fate, Lovely Crystal's Life Shield, Fairy Crystal's Energize, Night Crystal's Spell Shield, and Dark Crystal's Light Scroll: Revive. You can cast them on yourself for a Speed Boost from Magic Affinity. Cards Of Fate in particular can allow you to boost your power with strong items or move many spaces.
- Be on the lookout for sudden Speed increases like from Cocaine to drag an enemy back with Arcane Relocation or instead move yourself forward after applying such boosts (as from Magic Affinity) to yourself.
- Potentially be on the lookout for the Save Point spell if you have a Fairy Crystal or the Spellsteal spell if you have a Night Crystal; you can Condense a Crystal for the Save Point/Spellsteal combo, potentially netting you 50 spaces of forward movement.
- If the Adventure Time reference event is chosen, you can get an Orb for use with Magic Affinity and for easier access to Cards Of Fate. Also, the Enchiridion provides all 5 Magic Crystals, which can be Condensed into specific Spells. Demon Sword can be made Soulbound for relatively secure Fire protection, though it makes your Fireproof enchantment less valuable. Black Dragonling can provide Magic Crystals for Condensing.
- If the Dr. Who reference event is chosen, Shady Dealer being available through the Arcane Portal makes Arcane Relocation more valuable. However, Mystic Shop being available through the Arcane Portal as well as the reward for completing Dr. Who's quest granting access to Ethereal Gloves makes your Ethereal enchantment less valuable.
- If the Board Game Of Thrones reference event is chosen, you can become a Targaryen to periodically get a chance to obtain a Magic Crystal from The Dragon, and if you somehow gain an Orb, it can be charged with Ancient Dragon Claw, providing synergy with Magic Affinity. There's also an ever so slight chance to steal a Black Dragon Egg which will grant Magic Crystals once hatched. However, other players can become a Stark to receive a Wolf which can Silence you.
- If the Interdimensional Portal Gun reference event is chosen, Chilling Ghost can prevent losing spaces while getting the max reward from Fantasy World, while Cleansing Spirit can remove Diabetes gained from Candy World. On Doggo World, if you have an Ethereal revive or a Life Shield Scroll, you can successfully steal a Doge and a Cognition Amplifier.
- The Magic Affinity Talent allows popping 2+ Scintillating Spellstones back to back, with 10 Spells cast each time. This can allow moving quite a lot of spaces with Flow Of Magic & Mysticality.
Dual-Class Synergies[edit | edit source]
Bard[edit | edit source]
- Speed boosts that Enchanter has access to in general help with triggering Keep Up The Pace when rolling. In long games, you can even trigger the KUTP Talent on every roll with 10+ Speed (or just basic KUTP with 8+ Speed.)
- Arcane Relocation can trigger the Keep Up The Pace Talent if you focus on gaining Speed; you require 20+ Speed for the KUTP Talent with Arcane Relocation unless you have the Arcane Relocation Talent, in which case you need 8+ Speed. (Without the KUTP Talent, you need 16+ Speed or 6+ Speed with the Arcane Relocation Talent.)
- If you get a Black Lotus with nothing on cooldown and trigger KUTP with Arcane Relocation, KUTP and Black Lotus together reset Arcane Relocation's cooldown fully, so you can move yourself forward with Arcane Relocation over and over until Black Lotus wears off. Magic Affinity, Momentum from Condensing Fairy Crystal, Acceleration from Condensing Happy Crystal, as well as Lolrus, Ninjas, and Cocaine from Cards Of Fate from Condensing Happy Crystal can help with the Speed requirement. However, Black Lotus can be quite difficult to get, esp. without some sort of cooldown reduction loop requiring other classes; the best method appears to be visiting the Ninjas' Asian Pond with a high amount of luck; Nature's Blessing can help with the Luck or rarely give out Lotus itself.
Druid[edit | edit source]
- If you begin with Druid and Class Talents are queued before choosing your 2nd class, you can choose to activate Druid's Fairy Form to have Enchanter become a potential Druid partner. Fairy Form: Extract Essence and Fairy Form's Flow Of Magic will have synergy with Condense Magic and Magic Affinity.
- Objection! can delay turn counters for Night Crystal's Cursed Wounds, Deny, and Disarm.
- Fairy Crystal's Energize works well with Lawyer's high cooldowns.
- You can Soulbind an item you Confiscate if Enchant is off cooldown, preventing another Lawyer from stealing the item from you by Confiscating from the same player.
- The 2 classes can stockpile well with Condense Magic, Trade Routes, and Purchase, esp. with access to Cards Of Fate, and Enchant can protect the strong items obtained.
- Trade Routes grants more frequent access to The Magic Shop for synergy with Magic Affinity.
- Enchant's Sparkling is more useful for gaining Rupees due to increased access to the Pawn Shop with Trade Routes.
- Condense Magic can dispose of junk items like Creeping Fungus, covering one of Merchant's weaknesses if they don't have the Fair Trade Talent, and Enchant's Sparkling also allows for disposal of certain junk items like Jinxed Jewels at the Pawn Shop.
- You can Soulbind your strongest items to ensure you Fair Trade away weaker items.
- Shimmering Soul, Condense Magic, and Magic Affinity synergize well together.
- Condense Magic can be used for draining Souls with various Dark Crystal spells, Night Crystal's Cursed Wounds, and Happy Crystal's Weaponize and Detonation, among other spells.
- Instead of Condensing a Dark Crystal for Light Scroll: Revive, you can combine a Dark Crystal with an Ethereal Gem to make a Soulstone, saving you 8 turns of cooldown.
- Arcane Relocation can be used for same-spacing for kills.
- Enchant can be used for protection of your Ethereal Gloves and Spirit Slippers.
- Condense Magic can dispose of junk items like Jinxed Jewel Of Encumberment, covering one of Necromancer's weaknesses.
- If you get the Enchant Talent, you will be able to use Ethereal Dagger for killing while you are alive.
- Magic Affinity gives Speed Boosts for use with Divine Blessing.
- Condense Magic can create Cards Of Fate Scrolls to trigger Magic Affinity and to access, among other events, Shady Dealer and The Brothel for Cocaine and for Diseases to use with Divine Blessing.
- Arcane Relocation allows for same-spacing to hit another player with your Holy Hammer.
- Condense Magic can create various Curse Scrolls to trigger Magic Affinity and give yourself a Divine Blessing target if no other targets are suitable.
- Not My Time Yet works well with Condense Magic and Arcane Relocation cooldowns.
- Condense Magic can dispose of junk items like Jinxed Jewel Of Encumberment, covering one of Time Twister's weaknesses.
- Condense Magic can let you stockpile powerful items such as Light Scroll: Life Shield from Lovely Crystal and items from going to Cards Of Fate with Happy Crystal (esp. Shady Dealer and Wizard Shop items which can be purchased more reliably thanks to extra Rupees from Lock Time) and can give you Dark Scroll: Cursed Wounds from Night Crystal for use with Lock Time/Bend Space.
- Arcane Relocation, much like Steady Progression, helps with stalling by reducing the effectiveness of Speed, allowing more time for the stockpile.
- In a duel, if you Condense your Happy Crystal for Light Scroll: Acceleration, you can Lock Time your opponent's Speed (especially if they're about to gain Speed from another source like Momentum) and then cast Acceleration so that your Speed increases and theirs doesn't.
- Death due to Schrodinger's Box can be prevented by Light Scroll: Life Shield or made negligible with an Ethereal Light Scroll: Revive.
- Light Scroll: Energize from Condensing Fairy Crystal synergizes well with Quantum Physicist; it allows you to extend your Death Immunity without adding another chance to die from the Box Buff ending, and it bypasses the extremely high cooldown of Quantum Quality.
- Multiversal Flux used on an Improbability Device can produce 5 outcomes, all of which synergize well with Enchanter.
- Condense Magic provides fairly reliable access to Lovely Crystal for the creation of Cupid's Bow, and you can Global Flux Shields (most notably in the endgame of a typical game) to ensure the Disarm applies. Supposing you choose Indians in The Wild West for the Bow, arrows, & training, you will also coincidentally have access to Russian Roulette, which synergizes well with Schrodinger's Box, Light Scroll: Life Shield, and Ethereal revives.
- Powerful items created by Multiversal Flux can be protected with Enchant.
- If Flux and Condense Magic are both off cooldown, you should typically use Flux first on the off-chance that you get a Crystal from Flux (unless you already have a Crystal you want to Condense.)
- Magic Affinity and Condense Magic synergize well with Mysticality.
- Condense Magic can dispose of junk items like Jinxed Jewel Of Encumberment, covering one of Sorcerer's weaknesses.
- Enchant can be used to make key items (such as Skeleporter, Cocaine, Magic Scrolls, Orb, and Staff) Soulbound, Fireproof, and Frostproof. Fireproof synergizes well with Call Demon's Fire and Ring Of Fire particularly. And, due to it being a solid Sabo-Tinker target, it can be especially important to make your Skeleporter Fireproof & Frostproof to protect it from Saboteurs without the Sabotage Talent.
- Enchant can make items such as Hellpriest Ethereal so that you have a revive (esp. for after death to Chaotic Power.)
- Condense Magic can create Magic Crystals that can be Harvested; supposing you have a Wand or even just an Orb, you can combine it with a Crystal and then decide whether to Harvest it or not depending on the randomly charged Spell. Condense Magic can also be used directly on the Crystals to create Light Scroll: Cards Of Fate, Light Scroll: Revive, and Light Scroll: Energize (and less importantly Light Scroll: Life Shield and Light Scroll: Spell Shield); these can trigger Magic Affinity for a Speed Boost that synergizes well with Chaotic Power, Power Imp, Hellrusher, Arcane Relocation, Cocaine, & Two Halves Of Coconut (though Cocaine Cola can be a rather promising alternative for Speed Boost.) Light Scroll: Cards Of Fate in particular grants access to Shady Dealer and The Wizard Shop, among other strong options. Light Scroll: Revive and Light Scroll: Life Shield can both counter death from Chaotic Power (though blocking death with Life Shield will deny a Skull.)
- When destroying Lovely Crystal, Condense Magic can create Light Scroll: Guardian instead of Light Scroll: Life Shield, and Guardian can remove a Curse (or give a Speed Boost or Holy Water or a Magic Crystal if you have no Curses) if you are alive or revive you if you are Dead. However, if your Chaotic Power would trigger on the same turn as Guardian, because Guardian will trigger before Chaotic Power due to being created first, you won't be revived unless you are already Dead, and if you are already Dead, you will be revived and will then die again instantly. Also, you should be aware that any Priests in your game are likely to Dispel your Guardian from you fairly quickly in most circumstances.
- Dark Scrolls from Condense Magic usually aren't as good as Light Scrolls in FFAs, but they have their uses. If your Curses from Call Demon get particularly bad and you can't reach the Church, you can Condense a Fairy Crystal for Dark Scroll: Burden. If you really need a particular player to die, Life Link from Lovely Crystal can do the trick alongside Chaotic Power. Death from Dark Crystal can also do so while granting a Skull, and Detonation (esp. with Weaponize) from Happy Crystal may do so while killing multiple and giving multiple Skulls.
- Condense Magic can dispose of junk items like Jinxed Jewel Of Encumberment so you don't have to make Volatile Oil.
- This class combo is especially strong for Wild Mode: The Hungrier Games.
- Magic Affinity and Condense Magic synergize well with Lexicon's Blank generation.
- Condense Magic can be used to reliably create Crystals to be Split and used for Composing, and Condense Magic can also be used to choose among several Magic Scrolls with specific letters to be created, Split, and used for Composing.
- Enchant can protect valuable Composed items.