Gandalf The Grey
Gandalf The Grey can be reached from the Catapult's standard self-launch with the Lucky Buff and without the Floating Buff while hitting no player or from Coming Out Day! It can also simply be a random event.
In the event, you can make one of the following choices:
- Go Forward!: Gandalf the Grey moves you for 8-15 spaces with the help of Shadowfax.
- You can use a Pocket Ball to try to capture Shadowfax after moving forward; this can fail. If successfully caught, the Gandalf event will be queued with a 3-4 turn delay. If attempted but failed, you will move 6-8 spaces back and receive the Skip-A-Turn status.
- If you find this event while Shadowfax is in a Filled Pocket Ball, the Go Forward! option won't be available.
- The One Speed!: Gandalf magically enhances your permanent Speed by 1.
- A Random, Uncharged Wand!: An uncharged Dark Wand or Light Wand will be added to your inventory.
- If you have an Improbability Device, it can be used before making one of the above choices to change this event into Gandalf The White.
- After it starts to snow during Winter, you have a chance to use the Pick Snowballs skill to pick up Snowballs before selecting an option.
- This is a special location for the Bug Net. Items which can be caught include: Arctic Blue Butterfly, Brimstone Butterfly, Butter Fly, Funereal Dusky-Wing Butterfly, Monarch Butterfly, and Painted Lady Butterfly.
- Choosing an option while Dead simply makes you leave the event.
Seasonal Changes[edit | edit source]
Coming Out Day[edit | edit source]
- This event is replaced with the Gandalf The Gay event, which is mechanically identical to the Gandalf The Grey event; the only changes are "Grey" in the flavor text being changed to "Gay".
Event Text[edit | edit source]
- Upon encounter:
- Upon encounter on Coming Out Day:
- Selecting the [Go Forward!] option:
Go Forth, Shadowfax! Gandalf escorts you for X spaces with the help of Shadowfax.
Selecting an option while Dead:
Dead You died somehow. Gandalf decides to simply walk away.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Chatbox Text[edit | edit source]
- Upon selecting the [Go Forward!] option:
[PlayerName] rode X spaces forward on Shadowfax.