Duct Tape is an item.
|Tooltip||Tape yourself to a player on your space. For 1 turn, whenever either of you moves, the other moves along. The tape also breaks after 50 spaces of movement.|
Usage[edit | edit source]
Standard Use[edit | edit source]
- If another player is on your space: You and a random other player on your space become connected through a Duct Tape Neutral Effect pair.
- Duct Tape: This effect (along with its connected pair) wears off during the next Effects Phase of the Duct Tape item user. If 1 of the 2 connected players moves, the other connected player moves to the same space as them; this applies for all movements made up until a final action which brings the combined amount of spaces moved due to the connected Duct Tape pair up to at least 50; at this point the Duct Tape breaks, and the effect pair wears off.
- If no other players are on your space: Nothing occurs aside from this item being removed from the game.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- See Movement-triggered effects for more information on effects like Duct Tape.
- If both Duct Taped players move due to a "simultaneous" mover, like Roar or Pet Bear, both players will have movement be counted towards the 50.
- If a player moves while Duct Taped to a Rooted player, the spaces that would have been moved by the Rooted player still count towards the 50.
Inherent Effect Tooltip[edit | edit source]
Duct Tape (Neutral Effect) Tooltip You are taped to another player. Whenever they move, you move! Max 50 spaces.
Event Use[edit | edit source]
- Give to Princess Bubblegum in Ooo.
How To Obtain[edit | edit source]
Events[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Use before someone else's dice roll to move along with their dice roll. Can be combo'd with Speed & Empowered Dice, a particularly nice option in Team Games. Supposing you've been inflicted with Inverted Dice, you can also drag a nearby player back with you.
- Combines very poorly with items that move both players simultaneously, like Grenades. Duct Taped players will move to the space of the person "last" affected, but the space movement effect on each player is counted as spaces moved. For example, a Holy Hand Grenade that "first" moves one Duct Taped player 22 spaces and the next one 23 spaces puts both players at the position of the player who moved 23 spaces, but Duct Tape counts 45 total spaces of movement.
- Combine with Teleporters or Grand Disappearance to move another player by a large number of spaces, typically backwards, and then return to your original space.
- Because using this can put you in danger of being killed by a Sword or smacked with a Hammer, it is wise to have some means of protection from death or to disable your partner first.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If another player is on the space, a message in chat reads "<Player 1> taped himself to <Player 2> with his Duct Tape." and both players gain the neutral effect of "Duct Tape - You are taped to another player. Whenever they move, you move! Max 50 spaces."
- After moving, if the number of spaces traveled while under the effect is 50 or more, the effect fades from both players, announcing in chat "The Duct Tape that held <Player 1> and <Player 2> together broke!"
- If the game reaches the Effects Phase of the player who applied the Duct Tape, the effect fades from both players, and the effects window reads "Your Duct Tape effect wears off."