Seasonal Events are special game settings that coincide with the calendar. If you have at least 20 BG Coins, you can activate any Seasonal Event at any time through Game Creation.
Seasonal Events[edit | edit source]
New Year's Day[edit | edit source]
- The Happy CurrentYear! random event can occur.
Inverted Color Day[edit | edit source]
Enjoy the lovely horror that is color inversion!
- All players have a filter over their screen which inverts colors. (The filter can be disabled under Elements with F12 in Chrome.)
Valentine's Week[edit | edit source]
February 9 to 15
Share the love and propose to that special someone!
- The Valentine's Cherub random event can occur, in which a Cherub can sell Wedding Rings allowing players to get Married.
- The Lovely Crystal random event can occur.
- The Valentines Week Box Of Chocolates Global Effect is active.
- Romantic Rose can occur during Round Effects, giving all players a Romantic Rose.
- Ring Of Fire (Class Talent) can create Wedding Rings.
- Box Of Chocolates can appear as "candy" on Candy World.
Pi Day[edit | edit source]
As much pi as you can eat!
Saint Patrick's Week[edit | edit source]
March 15 to 19
Chase Leprechauns, collect Lucky Charms and claim your very own Pot O' Gold!
- The Leprechaun random event and the Catch That Leprechaun! and Pot O' Gold Fixed Chance events can occur.
International Day Of Happiness[edit | edit source]
The United Nations grant everyone a Happy Crystal!
- In The United Nations event, the turn player is not ordered to move back; instead, they gain a Happy Crystal.
April Fools[edit | edit source]
Get fooled by a few special events that only come once a year!
- April Fools Day Events can appear as random events on April Fools Day only.
- Actually Pretty Radical Item Loot will be available as an option for Game Creation for a few days.
Easter[edit | edit source]
April 3 to 16
The Easter Bunny visits BGO and causes some seasonal madness!
- All players start the game with an Easter Basket and can collect eggs when there is an Easter Egg Wave.
- The Easter Shoppe random event can occur. Easter Shoppe can also be reached via Crossroads or by using the Easter Basket.
- Chocolate Surprise Egg can appear as "candy" on Candy World.
Board Game Online Birthday[edit | edit source]
Celebrate Board Game Online's birthday with hookers and cake!
- The Board Game Birthday random event can occur.
- Generic Food item-givers can generate Birthday Cake.
Weed Day[edit | edit source]
Smoke weed every day... especially on Weed Day!
Star Wars Day[edit | edit source]
May the 4th be with you!
- All players start the game with The Force.
- The Star Wars Day random event can occur.
- Darth Revan's Mask always appears in the Future Shop.
Towel Day[edit | edit source]
Don't forget to bring a towel!
- All players start the game with a Towel.
- Fresh Towels can occur during Round Effects, giving all players a Towel.
- The Happy Towel Day! random event can occur.
CAPS LOCK DAY[edit | edit source]
Enjoy Board Game Online as you've never enjoyed it before. CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!
- All text in the game will be capitalized.
Summer[edit | edit source]
July & August
Visit the beach and enjoy the summer heat!
- All players start the game with It's Summertime!
- The Mobile Beach Shop always appears at The Beach, Water Skiing can appear at The Beach, and The Fisherman cannot appear at The Beach.
- The following effects can occur during Round Effects:
- Heat Wave- All players gain 6 turns of Dehydration (or have the turn counter of an already existing Dehydration Debuff lowered by 2), also all Frozen turn counters of items in player inventories tick down by 3.
- Forecast: Blistering Sun- Blistering Sun occurs during the next 3 Round Effects.
- Blistering Sun- 1 Sunburn stack is applied to all living players that don't have the Sunscreen Buff, also every living player with Solar Panel has its Passive Effect activate.
- Generic item-givers can generate Sunscreen, Beach Ball, both Inflatable Crocodiles, Inflatable Egg, Cocktail Shaker, Party Cooler, Salsamander, and Solar Panel.
- Generic Liquid item-givers can generate Sunscreen.
- Generic Living item-givers generate Salsamander at a higher rate.
- Generic Mechanical item-givers generate Party Cooler and Solar Panel at a higher rate.
- Cooking Supplies can generate Cocktail Shaker.
Comic Sans Day[edit | edit source]
Comic sans is such a special font, it has its own day to celebrate its existence.
- All text in the game will be in the Comic Sans font.
Talk Like A Pirate Day[edit | edit source]
Everyone talks like a pirate! Yarrrrr!
- When you talk in the chat, your message can be altered. "Shiver me timbers!" can appear at the beginning of your messages. "Arrrr, matey!" or "Yarrrrr!" can appear at the end of your messages.
Peace Day[edit | edit source]
Everyone gets a permanent 'No.' skill and the United Nations are kind all day long.
- All players start the game with a permanent "No." skill.
- A random player starts the game with a Peace Dove.
- The Happy Peace Day! random event can occur.
- In The United Nations event, the turn player is not ordered to move back; instead, they move 20 spaces forward.
Oktoberfest[edit | edit source]
September 24 to October 7
Beer, yodeling and busty women! What's not to love?
- The Oktoberfest! Global Effect is active and gives all players Oktoberfest Tickets.
- The Happy Oktoberfest random event can occur.
- Generic Liquid item-givers generate Oktoberfest Drinks at a higher rate.
World Animal Day[edit | edit source]
Be kind to animals this day! Players have an increased chance to reincarnate as an animal.
Coming Out Day[edit | edit source]
This day is dedicated to coming out!
- All Basic Dice are replaced with Pride Dice in-game.
- The Gandalf The Grey event is replaced by Gandalf The Gay.
- The Saruman The Grey event is disabled.
- The Coming Out Day! random event can occur.
Halloween[edit | edit source]
October 18 to 31
Visit the Haunted Mansion and solve the mystery of the Baron's tragic death! You have 2 weeks to figure out how to gather all the clues needed to solve the case and help the poor Baron come to terms with his death. Also, you get a free Dark Wand with the Scare spell! Booooooooohhhhh!
- All players start the game with Trick Or Treat and a Dark Wand charged with Scare.
- The Haunted Mansion can be reached via Crossroads, Cards Of Fate, and Shops! with the Trade Routes Talent.
- The Happy Halloween! random event can occur.
- Creepy Candy can appear as "candy" on Candy World.
Thanksgiving[edit | edit source]
November 17 to 30
Catch a delicious Turkey and make some delightful "Gobble gobble!" noises! Happy Thanksgiving!
- All players start the game with Gobble Gobble!
- The Thanksgiving Turkey! and Thanksgiving Tarzan! random events can occur.
- Generic item-givers can generate Turkey, Roasted Turkey, Turkey Feather, and Wishbone.
Winter[edit | edit source]
December & January
Pick some snowballs and start a fight!
- Snow occurs during the Round Effects of a random Round from 6-16, giving all players Pick Snowballs.
- Generic item-givers can generate Magical Winter Hat.
Christmas[edit | edit source]
December 14 to 30
Suck on Candy Canes and give away Festive Presents! Hohoho!
- All players start the game with Candy Cane, Wrapping Paper, and the Naughty Debuff.
- The Christmas Choir, Christmas Dinner, Frosty The Snowman, Merry Christmas!, and Mistletoe random events can occur.
- Generic item-givers and generic donator item-givers can generate Santa's Sleigh.
New Year's Eve[edit | edit source]
Everyone starts out with an ACME Rocket to blast themselves into the new year!
Friday the 13th[edit | edit source]
Watch out for ladders and other things that bring bad luck on this special day.
- The Mirror and Ladder random events can occur.
- A special U.N. Voting effect will start on a random Round from 7-12(?), allowing players to vote on giving a random player Jason's Mask.
- Generic item-givers and generic donator item-givers can generate Pamela's Sweater.
- Lakeesha Lightningbolt's Fashion Stand sells Pamela's Sweater.
Lunar New Year[edit | edit source]
Lots of excitement for 3 full days!
2018 - Year Of The Dog - February 15-17
2019 - Year Of The Pig - February 4-6
2020 - Year Of The Rat - January 24-26
2021 - Year Of The Ox - February 11-13
2022 - Year Of The Tiger - January 31-February 2
2023 - Year Of The Rabbit - January 21-23
- All players start the game with a Red Envelope and get another one from the Lunar New Year Global Effect every 15 Rounds.
- The Lantern Day and Lunar Luck random events can occur.
- All players start with an item on a 2 turn cooldown that corresponds to the current zodiac year.