Catapult

From Board Game Online Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

If you're looking for this event's flavor text, see Catapult (flavor text).

Catapult.png

Catapult can be reached from the Travel event, from paying 4 Rupees at the Rent-A-Catapult subevent after choosing to [Travel] in the Middle Ages, from the [A card picturing a wooden contraption.] option in Cards Of Fate, from the Arcane Portal found in The Haunted Mansion's Cellar, or from choosing the Catapult option in Winterfell. It can also simply be a random event.

In the event, you can aim the Catapult forward or backward to go to the Time To Shoot! screen, or you can choose to leave. (If reaching the Catapult from Winterfell, you instead begin at the Time To Shoot! screen as if you had aimed the Catapult backward.) From Time To Shoot!, you can choose to launch yourself standardly, to use an item or skill, or to leave. Most options result in launching either an item or yourself.

The moment any item/skill (excluding ACME Rocket, Chicken, Festive Chicken, Rooster, sometimes the "No." skill, and the options listed below under Other) is used on the Time To Shoot! screen, a random space 25-30 spaces away from the player in the direction launched is invisibly selected for the projectile's landing spot; this remains static even if the player moves before continuing onto the page where the landing occurs. Unlike any other option, the standard self-launch moves 26-30 spaces through two 13-15 movement halves, also the eventual landing space can be altered by external effects after the option is chosen.

Once a projectile lands, its effect is applied, typically with an effect radius that affects a player(s) inside the radius. Those that affect players in the radius have been separated below into Multi-Target and Single-Target; Multi-Target effects can affect any number of players, while Single-Target effects can only affect 1 player.

If multiple players are in the effect radius of a Single-Target effect, the target that will be selected is decided totally randomly. (Exception: Signal Jammer can't target dead players.)

Human Aerodynamics and Floating do not affect "No.", Pacman, or Bend Space self-launches. Also, War Helmet can protect a player against the landing effect of standard self-launches, but it can't protect against effects of other projectiles, including "No.", Pacman, or Bend Space self-launches.

If the landing space would be negative, a projectile is actually treated as landing at that negative space for the effect radius rather than at space 0 with the exception of the standard self-launch. (Pacman and Bend Space self-launches will check for the effect radius from the negative space, though the launched player still ends up landing on space 0.) Also, locking a Teleporter onto a negative space this way will produce a non-functioning Teleporter Activator.

Multi-Target Effects[edit | edit source]

Bend Space[edit | edit source]

  • A fake "launcher" moves 25-30 spaces like other projectiles. Players within the effect radius are killed, then players within the radius move to the fake "launcher"'s "landing spot", then the real launcher moves to the "landing spot". (If no other players are in the effect radius, the real launcher dies, then the real launcher moves to the fake "launcher"'s "landing spot".) (Effect radius:10)

Demon Sword[edit | edit source]

  • The affected players are killed. (Effect radius:20)

Sword[edit | edit source]

  • The affected players are killed. (Effect radius:7)

ACME TNT[edit | edit source]

  • The affected players are killed. (Effect radius:10)

Pipe Bomb[edit | edit source]

  • The affected players are killed. (Effect radius:5)

Cow[edit | edit source]

  • The affected players are killed. (Effect radius:5) Starting from the landing space, the Cow will then move in the direction launched during the launcher's Effects Phases like if it was used standardly on that space.

ACME Piano[edit | edit source]

  • The affected players are killed. (Effect radius:5)

Anvil[edit | edit source]

  • The affected players are killed. (Effect radius:5)

Broken Glass[edit | edit source]

  • The affected players all receive the Skip-A-Turn status. (Effect radius:13)

Lasso[edit | edit source]

Crabs[edit | edit source]

  • The affected players receive Crabs for 5 turns (non-cubus)/15 turns (-cubus). Dead players aren't affected. (Effect radius:10)

Combustible Lemon[edit | edit source]

  • The affected players receive 1 turn of Fire. (Effect radius:8)

Birthday Cake[edit | edit source]

  • The affected players all run to the space where the item landed and eat the Cake. (Counts as eating a generic Animal Products, Food item.) Dead players aren't affected. (Effect radius:20)
  • Note: Unlike most Catapult related effects, this effect cannot affect the launcher (except in a single player game.) Also, the radius is oddly apparently infinite in single player.

Strawberry Cake[edit | edit source]

  • The affected players all run to the space where the item landed and eat the Cake. (Counts as eating a generic Animal Products, Food item.) Dead players aren't affected. (Effect radius:16)
  • Note: Unlike most Catapult related effects, this effect cannot affect the launcher outside of a single player game.

Flamethrower[edit | edit source]

  • The affected players receive 2 turns of Fire. (Effect radius:8)

Holy Hand Grenade[edit | edit source]

  • The Holy Hand Grenade affects players just as if a player had thrown a Holy Hand Grenade to the exact space where it lands (with the same effect and kill radii used.)

Hand Grenade[edit | edit source]

  • The Hand Grenade affects players just as if a player had thrown a Hand Grenade to the exact space where it lands (with the same effect and kill radii used.)

ACME Rocket[edit | edit source]

  • Unlike most projectiles, this item moves 10-45 spaces instead of 25-30 spaces. Then, the Rocket affects players just as if a non-existing player had launched themself with a Rocket to the exact space where it lands (with the same effect and kill radii used.)
  • Unlike most Catapult related effects, this effect cannot affect the launcher.

Glue Mine[edit | edit source]

  • The affected players all become Rooted. (Effect radius:15)

Poison[edit | edit source]

  • The affected players all gain Slowing Poison for 2 turns. Dead players aren't affected. (Effect radius:7)

Holy Water[edit | edit source]

  • The affected players have all Curses removed. (Effect radius:12)

Volatile Oil[edit | edit source]

  • The affected players receive 1 turn of Fire. (Effect radius:7)

Liquid Luck[edit | edit source]

  • The affected players gain the Liquid Luck Buff if alive. The affected players are revived if Dead. (Effect radius:7)

Deadly Virus[edit | edit source]

  • The affected players each have a random Living item destroyed. If a player doesn't have a Living item which can be destroyed, instead they gain AIDS for 6 turns (non-cubus)/18 turns (-cubus). (Effect radius:10)

Bee Hive[edit | edit source]

  • If a player(s) is on the exact landing space of the Bee Hive, 1 random player on the exact landing space gains Hive On Your Head for 4 turns.
Hive On Your Head Tooltip
You have a Bee Hive on your head so you Silenced and Unable To Eat Or Drink!

Duration: X turn(s)


Debuff.png Category: Debuff

Serrated Shiv[edit | edit source]

  • The affected players each gain 2 turns of Bleeding if they are alive. (Effect radius:7)

Tree Frog[edit | edit source]

  • The affected players each gain Deadly Poison for 3 turns. (Effect radius:10)

Unstable Mutagen[edit | edit source]

Single-Target Effects[edit | edit source]

Standard Launch[edit | edit source]

  • Unlike other projectiles, the launcher moves 13-15 spaces on one screen, then they move 13-15 more spaces on another screen for a possible 26-30 spaces moved total, with 28 being the most probable amount.
  • If a player is in the effect radius: The projectile player kills another player and survives OR dies themself if the player which would be killed has War Helmet's Passive activate. (If the projectile player is dead before continuing from the initial 13-15 forward page, their corpse can still kill the target player unless they have a War Helmet. If the target player is Dead (even with a War Helmet), the projectile player survives.) (Effect radius:0)
  • If no other player is in the effect radius: The projectile player survives if they have Floating or Emergency Floating. If they do not have either Buff, they survive standardly (5% chance), survive with Incapacitation (5% chance), or die (90% chance).
  • With the Human Aerodynamics Buff, this standard survival goes from 5% chance to 75% chance, and dying goes from 90% chance to 20% chance.
  • With the Lucky Buff, there is a chance to instead survive without Incapacitation and go to one of the following subevents upon continuing in accordance with the flavor text:

Notes[edit | edit source]

  • The landing effect triggers after the 2nd bout of moving 13-15 spaces. Before the landing effect triggers, Movement-triggered effects can trigger. (If Auto Hammer causes the launcher to move, the space the landing effect triggers on changes.)

Pacman[edit | edit source]

  • A fake "launcher" moves 25-30 spaces like other projectiles. The real launcher has the resultant effect of their standard Pacman eat on the specific target, so much so that even something like Hallucination/Killer Instincts's same space effect/Legacy Of The Void can trigger, then the real launcher moves to the fake "launcher"'s "landing spot". (If the target player is dead, the projectile player survives but is not treated as eating them. If the projectile player dies after launch but before the effect, the effect oddly continues normally. If no other player is in the effect radius, the projectile player dies before moving and does not have the resultant effects of a standard Pacman eat.) (Effect radius:6)

Coconut[edit | edit source]

  • The affected player is incapacitated. (Effect radius:8) If a player is hit, the Coconut moves to the space where the hit player was, then moves 10 extra spaces in the launched direction. It can then hit and incapacitate another player within an effect radius of 8. This repeats over and over until no players are in the radius or until a dead player is hit. For each hit of the Coconut, players closer to the launch space are prioritized over players farther from it. If a dead player is hit, the Coconut will not go on to hit another player. (This item is listed under single target since it only hits 1 player at a time per hit.)
  • Upon hitting 4-15 players in a single launch, the player who launched the Coconut gains Rupees equal to 5 times the number of players hit.
  • Upon hitting 16 players in a single launch, the player who launched the Coconut meets an alternate win condition and gains 1,000,000 Rupees.

Pet Bear[edit | edit source]

  • The affected player is killed. If another player was killed or if the affected player was already Dead, then the same Pet Bear returns to you refreshed with all 5 charges. If the affected player was you while alive, you do not get the Pet Bear back. If there is no affected player, the Pet Bear dies, and you have a chance to gain 3 turns of the PETA Debuff. (Effect radius:7)

Non-Amethyst Lightsabers[edit | edit source]

  • The affected player is killed (only if the saber has 15% or more energy.) (Effect radius:7)

Amethyst Lightsaber[edit | edit source]

  • The affected player is killed (only if the saber has 15% or more energy.) (Effect radius:14)

War Helmet[edit | edit source]

  • The affected player is Incapacitated OR killed. (Effect radius:5)

Mining Pick[edit | edit source]

  • The affected player is Incapacitated OR killed. (Effect radius:6)

Space Capacitator/Space Fluctuator[edit | edit source]

  • The affected player moves backwards the amount of spaces previously charged in the item. (Effect radius:5)

Festive Chicken/Chicken/Rooster[edit | edit source]

  • The animal moves 10-15 extra spaces in the direction launched on top of the standard 25-30. Then, the affected player moves backwards 17-30(?) spaces and is Blinded if they are alive. If the target is Dead, the effect does nothing. (Effect radius:10)

Tractor Beam[edit | edit source]

  • The affected player moves to the space where the item landed. (Effect radius:15)

Banana Peel[edit | edit source]

  • The affected player gains the Skip-A-Turn status. If no player is in the effect radius, the Banana Peel remains at the spot where it lands like if the item was used standardly 2 spaces ahead of the landing space. (Effect radius:6)

Gun[edit | edit source]

  • The affected player is shot at and may randomly be killed. The Bulletproof effect protects against the death. (Effect radius:8)

(Holy) Hammer[edit | edit source]

  • The affected player is Incapacitated OR killed. (Effect radius: 5)

Bucket (Of Water)[edit | edit source]

  • The affected player is Blinded OR Incapacitated if they are alive. If Dead, the target player can't be Blinded. The affected player also gains the launched item (even if Dead.) (Effect radius:5)

Signal Jammer[edit | edit source]

  • The standard Signal Jam Global Effect is applied OR the affected player is incapacitated. If no living player is in the effect radius, the standard Signal Jam effect is applied OR nothing happens. (Effect radius:5)

Truth Serum[edit | edit source]

  • The affected player says something in the log that Truth Serum would normally make them say (which is purely flavor text). Interestingly, this does not affect the "No." skill. (Effect radius:7)

Skulls (1 to 3)[edit | edit source]

Rattlesnake[edit | edit source]

  • The affected player gains Deadly Poison for 3 turns if they are alive. If the target is Dead, the effect does nothing. (Effect radius:10)

Watermelon aimed forward[edit | edit source]

Hypno Glasses/Time Travel Condom/Lemon/Banana/Balaclava/Horn/Any Magic Crystal/Any Wedding Ring[edit | edit source]

  • The affected player gains the launched item if they are alive. If the target player is Dead, they do not gain the item. (Effect radius:6)

Any Orb[edit | edit source]

  • The affected player is incapacitated and gains Broken Glass. (Enchantments of the Orb aren't kept for the Broken Glass.)(Effect Radius:8) The Orb also casts any spell it may be charged with (whether a player is hit or not.)
  • If a player is hit, the Orb moves to the space where the hit player is for any spells cast.
  • It is important to note that the launcher is not in any way treated as the caster of the spell.
  • The Orb casts any targeted spells on a hit player as if they were the target, which will succeed if the spell only affects 1 player; with no target hit, the spell fails.
  • Interestingly, if an Orb with a targeted spell hits a player, it can trigger spell immunity or spell protection even if the spell would fail like with Burden.
  • If the spell targets or affects another player(s) but would normally also affect the caster in a caster specific way, refer to this:
  • On Love's Wings fails.
  • Dark Sacrifice fails.
  • Runes of Guidance fails.
  • Life Link fails.
  • Burden fails.
  • Wealth gives everyone 10-13(?) Rupees.
  • Acceleration increases the Speed of all players by 1.
  • Nature's Blessing gives all players 2 random items from the generic plant-based item-givers pool.
  • Steal Item makes the target lose an item.
  • Spellsteal makes the target lose a temporary Magic buff.
  • The spell is cast as though a player on the same space as the Orb cast it, which is relevant for Arcane Explosion and Laser. Also, Laser will shoot in the direction the Orb was launched.
  • Global spells which don't involve the caster, like Weaponize, are cast just fine.

Non-Targeting Effects[edit | edit source]

"No."[edit | edit source]

  • The player moves 25-30 spaces in the direction launched like other projectiles and survives (80% chance) OR moves 12-17(?) spaces in the direction launched and dies. (20% chance) (If the projectile player dies after launch but before the effect, the effect oddly continues normally.)

Teleporter[edit | edit source]

  • The Teleporter locks on to the landing space and the launcher gains a Teleporter Activator tied to the space.

Explosive Sheep[edit | edit source]

  • The launcher gains a Sheep Activator tied to the Sheep. Starting from the landing space, the Sheep will then move in the direction launched during the launcher's Effects Phases like if it was used standardly on that space.

Other[edit | edit source]

The Force[edit | edit source]

  • The Catapult event is replaced by Toppled Catapult for the next player who would go to the Catapult base page; in Toppled Catapult, the turn player resets the Catapult for the next visitor without having a chance to use it. (The Winterfell Catapult can oddly still be accessed due to bypassing the base page; this is likely an oversight.)

Any Diss Card[edit | edit source]

  • The launcher loses then regains the Diss Card.

Watermelon aimed backward[edit | edit source]

  • The launcher becomes Incapacitated.

Gallery[edit | edit source]