Buyback Bot is an item.
Usage[edit | edit source]
Passive Effect[edit | edit source]
- Whenever an item in your inventory is used up or destroyed, there is a 50% chance the bot will create a new item of the same type.
Standard Use[edit | edit source]
- You can choose to pay an amount of Rupees related to the item's "standard shop price" to gain the item and give it the Mechanical enchantment. (If you attempt to buy an item while you have insufficient Rupees, nothing occurs besides this item going on cooldown.)
Event Use[edit | edit source]
How To Obtain[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- An item created by Buyback Bot will always have max charges (if applicable.) Sunflower Seeds have especially great potential; eating the final seed in the stack can trigger the Bot, even if you only ever had 1 seed. Pair this with the fact that Sunflower can repeatedly net you this "final seed" with a single Light Spell, and you get a clear result; 1 Spell has a 50% chance to net you 10 Seeds total, with the buyback itself currently costing only 4 Rupees. When combined with stacked Food effects such as Delicious, Bike, Spork, Omnivore, and Chef's Hat, this can move you a large amount of spaces very suddenly. If you have Race: Nibblonian, this can even net you Concentrated Dark Matter to bypass the Bot's cooldown.
- Uni-Corn is noteworthy here for its synergy with Sunflower.
- If you make enough Buyback Bot Duplicates, something like Light Scroll: Wealth or Red Envelope can net you a ton of Rupees, which you can then use for buybacks on strong consumables like Roasted Turkey and Time Turner; this can net you tons of extra turns. (Note that these are strong options even without Duplicate Bots.)
- It should be noted that the 50% chance for a buyback is NOT checked for each individual Bot; either all of your Buyback Bots will trigger at the same time OR none of them will trigger. As such, non-player inventories (like Mule) can be very useful, allowing you to stock up on a particular item for more chances to "buyback" it after "buybacking" another item.
Trivia[edit | edit source]