If you're looking for the flavor text for this event, see The Haunted Mansion (flavor text).
The Haunted Mansion can be reached from the [A card picturing a spooky house.] option in Cards Of Fate. During Halloween only, it can also be reached from Crossroads or from Happy Halloween!. It cannot simply be a random event.
(The Entrance Hall inside the mansion can be reached after giving the correct location to find the Weeping Angel after becoming the companion of The Doctor In The TARDIS, The First Floor can be reached by calling the Doctor with a Sonic Screwdriver after doing that but before entering the Secret Room, and the Secret Room can be reached right after receiving an item from Dorium Maldovar or by calling the Doctor with a Sonic Screwdriver after the Secret Room has been revealed with Arcane Vision but before an item is given in The Weeping Angel Interface.)
In the event, you begin outside of a mansion. You are given the options of visiting The Graveyard nearby, of going to The Entrance Hall of the mansion, and of simply leaving the event. (The first 2 options are selected through interactive art.)
Note that art for The Graveyard, The Alchemy Lab, The Cellar, The First Floor, and The Tower Room can contain a murder weapon that killed the Baron and/or a blood stain denoting the Baron's location of death.
Upon solving the Baron's murder mystery and obtaining The Baron's Combination Key, this event is replaced with The Mansion for all players for the rest of the game; the Entrance Hall will be missing The Baron, also Marigold will not revive you if you die in The Graveyard.
The Graveyard[edit | edit source]
Upon continuing while alive, you go to a random subevent. Upon continuing while Dead you instead always go to A Ghostly Clue (unless the Baron's mystery has already been solved, in which case you go to The Mansion's generic death screen.) (Note that you don't go to A Ghostly Clue if you die in one of The Graveyard's random subevents.)
Random Subevents[edit | edit source]
- A G-G-Ghost!: A Ghost kills you. If you had a death blocker or somehow come back to life, you can capture it with a Pocket Ball.
- A P-P-Pumpkin: You gain a Pumpkin.
- A W-W-Witch!: A witch offers you a Magic Broom. You can deny it and simply leave or accept it, gaining a Magic Broom but being given a random Curse from the generic Lesser Curse-givers pool. Note that spell protection cannot activate here.
- A Z-Z-Zombie!: A zombie tries to eat you. If you simply continue without moving, you die. If you continue while on a different space than when you encountered the zombie, you survive. If you instead use Holy Water or a Human Brain against the zombie, you survive and gain a random item out of a pool including Beer, Ring Of Arcane Vision, Mining Pick, Flask Of Mojo, and Shield, also you gain 4-8 Rupees.
A Ghostly Clue[edit | edit source]
A ghost named Marigold tells you who murdered the Baron of the mansion in this event's flavor text. She then revives you upon continuing.
The Entrance Hall[edit | edit source]
You can choose the right door to go to the Alchemy Lab, choose The Baron (unless the murder mystery has been solved), choose the stairs in the center to go down to The Cellar, or choose the stairs on the left to go up to The First Floor.
The Baron[edit | edit source]
The Baron asks you if you can help him remember the details of his death. You can say no to simply leave, or you can say yes, after which he will ask what the murder weapon was, then where he died, and finally who the murderer was. If you answer any of the 3 incorrectly, he immediately kills you without asking anything else, and the event ends. If you answer all 3 successfully, you receive The Baron's Combination Key, the [Open the Baron's safe.] option is added to The Bank for all players, and The Haunted Mansion simply becomes The Mansion for all players for the rest of the game; the Entrance Hall will be missing The Baron, also Marigold will not revive you if you die in The Graveyard.
- The murder weapon will be a Hammer, Sword, Mining Pick, Gun, or Diss Card: Death. You can find out which by finding the murder weapon in one of the artworks for either The Graveyard, The Alchemy Lab, The Cellar, The First Floor, or The Tower Room. Note that the weapons in the event arts all look different from what the item icon arts looks like.
- The location of death will be The Graveyard, The Alchemy Lab, The Cellar, The First Floor, or The Tower Room. You can find out which by finding a blood stain in one of the locations' artworks.
- The murderer will be The Gardener, The Baroness, The Duke of Witchwood, The Cook, or The Butler. You can find out which by dying in The Graveyard and being told by Marigold.
- Note that the correct answer for each question and the evidence present in all locations is set in stone at the beginning of the game and will be the same for each player. It is also technically possible to guess correctly without finding clues.
The Alchemy Lab[edit | edit source]
You can simply leave, or you can search the lab to gain a random item out of a pool including the following: Chloroform, Flask Of Mojo, Holy Water, Human Brain, Liquid Luck, Poison, Potion, Truth Serum, Unstable Mutagen, Volatile Oil.
The Cellar[edit | edit source]
- If you don't have Night Vision (or if your only source of vision is Spelunking), your only option is to leave.
- If you have Night Vision (excluding from Spelunking) but don't have Arcane Vision, you can leave or select a container to attempt opening.
- If you have Arcane Vision, you can leave, select a container to attempt opening, or select the Arcane Portal.
- ??? randomly selected containers will appear on each visit to The Cellar.
- Upon attempting to open a container, you will either receive 1 item that can be found in the specific container, or you will be killed by a monster. (This killing can't occur when choosing [Leave] or the Arcane Portal.)
- You have a higher chance to be killed the higher the "value" the container holds on average.
- The Sneaky Buff will reduce the chance of being killed.
Container Loot Lists[edit | edit source]
- Cardboard Tube: Broken Glass, Horn, Light Scroll: On Love's Wings
- Small Wooden Crate: Poison, Hammer, Banana, Balaclava
- Large Wooden Crate: Mining Pick, Watermelon, Bucket, Shield
- Green Chest (right side of screen): Crabs, Night Vision Goggles, Orb
- Vase: Dark Scroll: Steal Item, Staff, Flask Of Mojo
- Green Chest (center of screen): Tractor Beam, Reflective Shades, Boots
- Golden Chest: Useless Valuable, Wizard Hat, Ring Of Speed, Ring Of Spell Deflecting
- Beautiful Wooden Chest: Ethereal Gloves, Ethereal Dagger, Useless Valuable, Soulstone
- Pyramid Chest: Holy Hand Grenade, Light Scroll: Guardian, Useless Valuable, Light Scroll: Cards Of Fate
Arcane Portal[edit | edit source]
The First Floor[edit | edit source]
You can simply leave, choose the staircase to go to The Tower Room, or use your Sonic Screwdriver (even if it's on cooldown) to enter the Secret Room.
The Tower Room[edit | edit source]
You can choose the Bookcase on the left, choose the Wands on the right, or simply leave.
Bookcase[edit | edit source]
Mystic Bob casts a spell on you.
- If you don't have any type of Orb and have no spell immunity or spell protection: He knocks you back 8-13 spaces and curses you with a Curse from the generic Lesser Curse-givers pool.
- If you have any type of Orb: The Orb becomes a Shimmering Orb with 3 charges. Upon continuing, you gain 2 random Books with Learnable Feats.
- If you don't have any type of Orb but do have spell immunity or spell protection: The spell is blocked with any corresponding peripheral effects. Upon continuing, you gain 2 random Books with Learnable Feats.
Wands[edit | edit source]
Secret Room[edit | edit source]
You enter the Baron's Secret Room. For more info on this, see The Doctor In The TARDIS.