The Pirate Ship
If you're looking for the flavor text for this event, see The Pirate Ship (flavor text).
The Pirate Ship is an event that can be reached from the Travel event, from the [A card picturing a skull and bones flag.] option in Cards Of Fate, from Crossroads, or from the Deaf Genie granting the "I want to visit the sea!" wish. It can also simply be a random event. (The subevents can also be reached from The Jungle's The Jungle Bay subevent)
- On the entrance page of The Pirate Ship, you are asked if you want to board the ship. You can choose [Yes], [No], opt to [Check out the beach], or use your Towel.
- Before selecting an option (and in [Yes] subevents with shallow fishing noted), Fishing Pole and Pet Bear can be used to fish at this location; Pet Bear can catch Fish, while Fishing Pole can catch Electric Eel and Hammerhead Shark in addition to generic items. You can also fill your Bucket with water.
- Also before selecting an option, a Bucket can be filled with water at this location, and you have a chance to be able to mine a rock with your Mining Pick for a generic item if the flavor text notes that "you see some rocky cliffs".
- In the [Yes] subevents with deep sea fishing noted, attempting to fish with a Pet Bear will make you lose it due to drowning without even getting an item. If you attempt to fish on these subevents with a Fishing Pole, in addition to generic items, 1 item out of Loan Shark, Octopus, and Swordfish can be caught depending on the subevent.
- If this event is visited from Crossroads, you start at a [Yes] subevent page rather than at the entrance to the ship.
- The Items On Sail subevent can also be reached from the [A card picturing a shop at sea.] option in Cards Of Fate or with the Wildcard: Flavor Events Neutral Effect from the [Items On Sail] option of Wildcard: Flavor Events.
- The Noah's Ark subevent can also be reached from the [A card picturing a giant wooden ship.] option in Cards Of Fate or with the Wildcard: Flavor Events Neutral Effect from the [Noah's Ark] option of Wildcard: Flavor Events.
[Yes][edit | edit source]
You go to one of the following randomly selected subevents:
Subevents[edit | edit source]
- A Note- Nothing happens. Shallow water fishing/fill Bucket with water opportunity present.
- Drink With The Captain- You can choose [Yes] to have a Random Drink or choose [No] to simply leave the event.
- A Wave- You randomly move any amount from 2-20(?) spaces randomly either forwards or backwards. A deep sea fishing/fill Bucket with water opportunity is present; the fishing opportunity can produce an Octopus.
- Kraken!- You are killed and have a chance to capture the Kraken in a Pocket Ball.
- Noah's Ark- You can choose one of 5 random Living animals to give to both yourself and a player of your choice, or simply leave the event.
- Sail Along!- You move 12 spaces forward. A deep sea fishing/fill Bucket with water opportunity is present; the fishing opportunity can produce a Swordfish.
- Sail Along?- If you choose [I'll join you!], you have sex, gain a random STD, move 14-20 spaces forward, and have a deep sea fishing/fill Bucket with water opportunity; the fishing opportunity can produce a Loan Shark. If you choose [Nah, I'd rather stay ashore], nothing happens.
- The random STD is taken from a pool including the following:
- Syphilis for 4 turns (non-cubus)/12 turns (-cubus)
- Chlamydia for 4 turns (non-cubus)/12 turns (-cubus)
- Herpes for 5 turns (non-cubus)/15 turns (-cubus)
- Gonorrhea for 7 turns (non-cubus)/15 turns (-cubus)
- Crabs for 5 turns (non-cubus)/15 turns (-cubus)
- AIDS for 3-6(?) turns (non-cubus)/14-20 turns (-cubus)
- If you select [I'll join you!] and have Jinxed Jewel Of Impotence, you instead move back 8 spaces, gain no STD, and have no fishing/fill Bucket opportunity.
- Compass- You gain a Compass.
- Cutlass- You gain a Cutlass.
- Flintlock- You gain a Flintlock.
- The Captain's Cockatiel- You gain a Cockatiel.
- The Captain's Log- You gain a Captain's Log.
- The Captain's Spare Leg- You gain a Peg Leg.
- The Jungle Bay- You move 4-6 spaces forward and have the option to choose [Yes] to go to The Jungle, or choose [No] and have nothing happen.
- Uh Oh...- You are shot 18 spaces backwards out of a cannon.
- Yohohoes!- You must click [To the brothel!] and go to a subevent inside The Brothel. (You don't see The Brothel's entrance.)
- Items On Sail- You are shown 3 random items from the generic item-givers pool in the event's artwork. You can either [Continue] to enter a shop which will contain the 3 items or use your Seduction or Holly's Thicc Booty.
- If entering the shop, the items can be bought for an amount of Rupees equal to the standard shop price with a 10%-40% discount (rounded down) applied to each item. (The available items will change on the next visit.)
- If using Seduction, you have sex in order to gain the 3 shown items (without replacing any of the items you currently have in your inventory) and gain a random STD out of the generic STD-givers (1) pool. (Seduction goes on cooldown.)
- If unable to have sex, the event simply ends. (Seduction still goes on cooldown.)
- If using Holly's Thicc Booty, you gain 20 Rupees. (The Booty goes on cooldown.)
Items On Sail[edit | edit source]
Shop Introduction[edit | edit source]
|Items On Sail|
"Welcome aboard, matey! We be havin' some shiny new loot on sail!"
Shop Interface[edit | edit source]
|Items On Sail|
|"Arrrrrr, just look at that shiny loot!"|
|ItemName1||The item's standard shop price with a 10%-40% discount (with the discount rounded down)|
|ItemName2||The item's standard shop price with a 10%-40% discount (with the discount rounded down)|
|ItemName3||The item's standard shop price with a 10%-40% discount (with the discount rounded down)|
|Generic post-purchase quote|
|Captain Bootybeard hands you X!
'Arrrrrr, that's some fine loot!'
"Thar be more where that came from, matey!"
|Insufficient funds quote|
|"Arrrrrr, ye be needin' more doubloons if ye be wantin' me loot!"|
|You seem to have died aboard the pirate ship. Captain Bootybeard kicks you into the sea.|
|"Arrrrrr, come back soon, matey! Thar be more plunder next time!"|
[No][edit | edit source]
You simply leave the event.
[Check out the beach][edit | edit source]
You go to The Beach.
Use your Towel[edit | edit source]
Your Towel goes on cooldown; you board the pirate ship and move 15 spaces forward, then you have a deep sea fishing/fill Bucket with water opportunity.
Blub, Blub...[edit | edit source]
If you use a (Holy) Hammer on The Pirate Ship event's entrance page, you have a chance to sink The Pirate Ship; this option will NOT appear as an item button in the event and must be done manually in your inventory.
- If you fail immediately, you will be able to do the other options as normal, though you can't try to sink the Ship again until your next visit.
- If you succeed initially, you'll go to the Blub, Blub... subevent, then randomly either:
- The pirates catch you and force you to repair the ship; the Ship doesn't sink, and you gain Skip-A-Turn.
- You'll move 5 spaces away (randomly forward or backward) from your current space, and the event will end. Also, the No Pirates page with [Check out the beach] as its only option (you can't even fish/fill Bucket/mine on No Pirates) will replace the The Pirate Ship page (and any subevents if The Pirate Ship is chosen at the Crossroads) for all players for the entire rest of the game.