ACME Magnet is an item.
Usage[edit | edit source]
Standard Use[edit | edit source]
- The non-Soulbound, Magnetic items from all other players within range of you (in the instant of time of use) are removed from those players' inventories and attracted towards you. The item attraction/side-effects activate as follows: A random player is selected, then all of their items are attracted in a random order; this repeats until all items are attracted. Items also have a chance to break after being attracted and not be acquired at all.
- Frozen items are guaranteed to Incapacitate you and will not have any of their below listed side-effects.
- Explosive items have a chance to explode on impact. BFG 9000, Explosive Sheep, Glue Mine, Hand Grenade, Holy Hand Grenade, and Spider Mine will explode as if used standardly, also you will not acquire the item.
- Note that the space you are on at the moment the Magnet is used will be the space all explosions caused by the Magnet use occur even if you are moved by an attracted (Holy) Hammer before then. However, you will be affected by the explosion as if you are in a 0 space radius of the explosion no matter how far away you have moved from that space.
- Deadly Item, Anvil, Bazooka, Chainsaw, and Minigun are guaranteed to kill you. Deadly Item, Bazooka, and Minigun won't be obtained, but Anvil, and Chainsaw will.
- Artendellen, Axe, Buster Sword, Cutlass, Double-Barreled Shotgun, Exglitchibur, Flintlock, Gun, Ice Sculpting Saw, Katana, Lance, Rapier, Skinning Knife, Spear, Sword, Time Travel Condom, and Tomahawk have a chance to kill on impact.
- Another ACME Magnet, ACME Pogo-Stick, Bling Bot, Bucket (Of Water), Butter Bot, Cargo Train, Cocktail Shaker, Defective Turret, Duel Dissk Of Sick Burns, Egg Launcher, Finity Gauntlet/Completed Finity Gauntlet, Frying Pan, Giant Iron Screw, Go-Kart, (Holy) Hammer, Haunted Chain Mail, Hookshot, ICE-Bot, (Damaged) Iron Helmet, Jackhammer, Lean Mean Caffeine Machine, Lightning Rod, Mace, Mecha Egg, Mining Pick, Plumbus, Pot O' Gold, SCV, (Spiked) Shield, Shovel, Solar Panel, Spanner, Teleporter Activator, Terrazine Tank, Tetsubo, Trash Can, Unlabeled Can, and Vendroid have a chance to Incapacitate you; they will be acquired regardless.
- (Holy) Hammer has an additional side-effect of knocking you forwards or backwards 6-10(?) spaces. Whether or not a Hammer knocks backwards or forwards depends on the space where the Magnet is used relative to the space where each Hammer came from.
- Mace has an additional side-effect of knocking you forwards or backwards 2-3 spaces. Whether or not a Mace knocks backwards or forwards depends on the space where the Magnet is used relative to the space where each Mace came from.
- Tetsubo has an additional side-effect of knocking you forwards or backwards 12-18 spaces. Whether or not a Tetsubo knocks backwards or forwards depends on the space where the Magnet is used relative to the space where each Tetsubo came from.
- Teleporter may lock onto to you, leaving the Teleporter Activator in the hands of the player who held the Teleporter.
- Serrated Shiv may give you 2 turns of Bleeding if you don't have it or instead kill you if you are already Bleeding.
- Brain Massager, Compass, Dark Emperor's Staff, Fuzzy Cuffs, Liquid Nitrogen, Police Badge, Reset Button, Screw, Sheathed Muramasa/Muramasa, Tasty Tongue Piercing, and Zipper have no side-effects.
- For all items without a special case or if the special case above does not trigger for that item, the item goes into your inventory.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It is possible for the Magnet user to get Incapacitated or killed multiple times when attracting a lot of dangerous items. This can be important when you consider death blockers.
Related Effects[edit | edit source]
- Thick Hide: Prevents an attracted Sword, Hammer/Holy Hammer, Serrated Shiv, Axe, or Ice Sculpting Saw's side-effect from affecting you. (You don't move forward like when Thick Hide usually activates.)
- Bulletproof: Prevents being killed by an attracted Gun.
Event Use[edit | edit source]
- Give to the Damaged Construct of the Archaeology Dig. Counts as 1 item.
- Give to Princess Bubblegum in Ooo to gain an Orb and a Candy Cane.
- Give to Marceline in Ooo.
- Use while in range of another player who has the Time Bomb during Bomb!/It's A Bomb!/Throw It Away!/Sucks To Be Dead; you trigger and are affected by the Bombs Are Magnetic! subevent, which acts exactly like the KABOOM! subevent except for an additional effect of the Bomb somehow killing you. No other subevent will occur. (Time Bomb's relation to the standard use of using an ACME Magnet needs testing.)
- Insert into the Weeping Angel Interface in the Secret Room related to The Doctor In The TARDIS.
Other Item Use[edit | edit source]
Item Recipes[edit | edit source]
- ACME Magnet + Gloves = Magneto Gloves
- ACME Magnet + Tractor Beam = The finish line is pulled 10-15 spaces initially in the combiner's direction. (It moves behind the combiner if they are on the same space as the finish line.) Note that the finish line will finish moving the 10-15 spaces in the direction and not stop even if it passes through the combiner.
- ACME Magnet + Improbability Device = The combiner attracts (effectively steals) 1 random item each from (up to) 5 random other players.
How To Obtain[edit | edit source]
Events[edit | edit source]
- The ACME Shop
- Trade with the Indian chief in The Wild West.
- Choose An Item Phase event
- The Lever's Reinforcements Activation Panel
- Oh Really?
- Pawn Shop
Items[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Because magnetic items that can kill on impact can be common, it may be wise to protect oneself with effects like Life Shield, Magic Star, Auto Resurrection, or Schrödinger's Box. For all but the last, be mindful that you are only as safe as the number of deaths those effects can prevent.
- For the same reason, effects with a benefit on death such as Life Insurance, Soul Speed, and Drain Soul can be counted on triggering, though there is no guarantee.
- For the same reason, methods of self-revival such as Soulstone, Green Mushroom, Life Ward, an ethereal Revive spell, an ethereal Defibrillator, or another player's Curse Of Resurrection are effective for getting back on your feet.
- Because magnetic items that can incapacitate you or skip your turn can be common, it may be wise to have some method of removing or preventing these effects like Man Mode, Crystal Meth, or Focus.
- For the same reason, items that skip your turn can be used without worrying about that drawback since you already expect to have your turn skipped, like a preemptive Glue Mine, or tossing Hand Grenades or activating Explosive Sheep behind yourself.
- For the same reason, items that incapacitate you can be used without worrying about that drawback, such as Donuts or back-fired Extendo Fists.
- If you think you'll die, you don't need to worry about skip-a-turn or incapacitate effects either.
- Use near the beginning of the game to take advantage of many players being clustered together and likely having many magnetic items between them from starting reinforcements.
- Use near a player in later stages of the game to attract all magnetic items they've built up.
- Use near a player that you know has another ACME Magnet to get all their magnetic items, prevent them from taking yours, and get another ACME Magnet to be able to attract items again in the future.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Ball & Chain, Frostmourne, Iron Coin, & Safe are Magnetic, though they can never be attracted by a Magnet since they're Soulbound by default.