If you're looking for the flavor text for this event, see The Lever (flavor text).
The Lever is a random event.
In the event, a lever can be pulled or whacked with a (Holy) Hammer. It is also possible for the player to instead just leave without activating the lever. If you do whack or pull the lever, you go to a random subevent below. (If you have Crazy, you pull the lever automatically without a choice.)
- Based on testing, the chance for the What The... pure flavor text subevent is heavily reduced and replaced by extra chance for the Reinforcements Activation Panel subevent when whacking with a (Holy) Hammer rather than pulling.
- A Fan- A random player is moved 14 spaces back.
- A Wooden Door- You can either continue to get a random subevent out of these 3 or use an Improbability Device to always go to the Goblin Potion Master. If you continue, you will either:
- Be knocked 12 spaces back with a chance to capture a Buffalo with your Pocket Ball.
- Be moved 5-30 spaces forward with a shortcut.
- Gain a Torch with 4 charges. (It appears you can only have this as a replacement event for the Goblin Potion Master if he is already captured in a Pocket Ball and you do not use an Improbability Device.)
- Rarely find the Goblin Potion Master. Upon finding him, you can either choose another player to have the both of you move 25 spaces towards each other (or less with the amount moved by both players still being equal while reaching each other if you are <50 spaces apart) with you and the target both being considered as drinking, choose yourself to have no-one move but have yourself drink, choose nobody (which leads to a subevent where you can throw your Pocket Ball at the GPM to capture him), or simply throw your Pocket Ball at the GPM to capture him. (If he is already captured in a Pocket Ball when you get this subevent, you instead receive an Improbability Device; unlike the standard GPM subevent, it appears this replacement subevent cannot occur randomly and requires the use of an Improbability Device.) (Effect of GPM's love potion targeted on an Alchemist is the same as normal, also neither player drinks the potion or moves spaces if the target is Dead.)
- Crackling Lightning- Upon continuing, you randomly go to the Prehistory, the Middle Ages, or The Future.
- Reinforcements Activation Panel- You have to choose 1 item for all players to receive out of 3 items randomly selected from the following pool: ACME Magnet, Albino Bunny, Banana, Beer, Boots, Bow, Bucket, Combustible Lemon, Downie's Gift, Evolution Stone, Explosive Sheep, Fire Opal, Fishing Pole, Flamethrower, Four-Leaf Clover, GHB, Gloves, Glue Mine, Green Dragon Egg, Green Mushroom, Gun, Hammer, Hand Grenade, Horn, Human Brain, Hypno Glasses, Lemon, Magic Star, Night Vision Goggles, Phaser, Pipe Bomb, Potion, Ring Of Light, Ring Of Speed, Soulstone, Space Capacitator, Spider Mine, Sword, Teleporter, Time Travel Condom, Tome Of Magic, Watermelon, Weed.
- What The...- You get some flavor text that has no effect game mechanics-wise.
- Lucky Lever- Can only occur if you have the Lucky Buff. All other players gain Skip-A-Turn, then you go to Crossroads upon continuing.
The United Nations RelatedEdit
- Atom Bomb Remote- Can only occur when the U.N. is Angry or Furious. The atom bomb is targeted at a random player.
- Atom Bomb- Can only occur when the atom bomb is already targeted at a player. The U.N. launches an atom bomb at the targeted player. It will land on the target's space (even if they move) upon continuing.
- All players within a 5-space radius of the landing spot are killed. All players within a 15-space radius of the landing spot without being within a 5-space radius of the landing spot are moved 23-30(?) spaces in the direction away from the landing spot, then they gain Skip-A-Turn. All players within a 30-space radius of the landing spot without being within a 15-space radius of the landing spot are moved 11-20(?) spaces in the direction away from the landing spot, then they gain Skip-A-Turn.
- All players within a 30-space radius of the landing spot (including players who died in the kill radius) receive 7 turns of Radiation Sickness.
- Radiation Immunity prevents gaining Radiation Sickness.
- The Radiation Global Effect begins applying for the rest of the game if it is not yet applying.
- Banana items in all inventories (including non-player inventories) transform into Radioactive Banana.
- Banana Peel items in all inventories (including non-player inventories) transform into Radioactive Banana Peel. (Set Banana Peels are not turned into Radioactive Banana Peels.)
- The United Nations's anger level actually doesn't change when the atom bomb is launched by The Lever.
- If the player whom the atom bomb is targeting has left the game before this subevent occurs or leaves right before the bomb's impact, none of the above occurs.
- Upon targeting a Dead player with the GPM:
Ehm... You're in love with a dead person! Eewww!