Overview[edit | edit source]
Raise an army of the dead by draining souls! With Necromancer, you thrive when players die. This is an Expert Mode class; although the skills seem simple enough to use, it will require smart decisions to make the most of it.
Skills[edit | edit source]
Disease Cloud[edit | edit source]
Passive: Players in a 12 space radius of you gain a slowly stacking disease.
Applies Evil Disease to enemy players. Each player may only gain one stack of Evil Disease each round from any source of Disease Cloud. Players with 1 to 4 stacks of Evil Disease will move back 1 space during their Effects Phase. Players with 5 to 9 stacks will move back 2 spaces. Players with 10 or more stacks die during their Effects Phase and lose all stacks of Evil Disease. If a sick player doesn't gain a new stack for 1 turn, they start losing 1 stack per turn.
Drain Soul[edit | edit source]
Cast the Drain Soul curse on a target. If the target player dies with this Curse active, you gain 1 Soul Power. Cooldown resets on successful drain. Duration: 2 turns. Cooldown: 3 turns.
Undead Minions[edit | edit source]
Summon a new minion or upgrade an existing minion.
You start the game with 4 Soul Power and two available minion slots with the ability to purchase a third slot for 10 Soul Power.
|Skeleton||--||--||1 Soul Power||Knocks a random enemy back 2-3 spaces every 4 turns.|
|Skeleton Warrior||--||2 Soul Power||Knocks a random enemy back 3-4 spaces every 3 turns.|
|Skeleton Berserker||3 Soul Power||Knocks a random enemy back 3-4 spaces every 2 turns.|
|Skeleton Thief||3 Soul Power||Steals an item or 2-3 Rupees from a random enemy every 4 turns.|
|Skeleton Apprentice||--||2 Soul Power||Knocks a random enemy back 5-7 spaces every 6 turns.|
|Skeleton Wizard||3 Soul Power||Applies skip-a-turn to a random enemy every 6 turns.|
|Skeleton Cleric||3 Soul Power||Revives their master if dead, or otherwise removes a magic debuff every 6 turns.|
|Zombie||--||--||1 Soul Power||Knocks a random enemy back 1 space and applies 1 stack of Evil Disease every 3 turns.|
|Ghoul||--||2 Soul Power||Knocks a random enemy back 3 spaces and applies 1 stack of Evil Disease every 3 turns.|
|Flesh Eater||3 Soul Power||Applies 1 stack of Evil Disease to a random enemy and removes one random disease from their master every 2 turns.|
|Risen Lord||3 Soul Power||Knocks a random enemy back 2 spaces, applies 1 stack of Evil Disease, and applies Disarm for 1 turn every 4 turns.|
|Diseasoid||--||2 Soul Power||Knocks a random enemy back 1 space and applies 2 stacks of Evil Disease every 3 turns.|
|Plague Stalker||3 Soul Power||Applies 1 stack of Evil Disease to a random enemy every turn.|
|Soul Corruptor||3 Soul Power||Applies 1 stack of Evil Disease and Drain Soul for 2 turns to a random enemy every 3 turns.|
Playstyle[edit | edit source]
Strengths[edit | edit source]
- Death is a good thing, even if it's your own.
- Disease Cloud can weaken nearby players, sneezing them back a few spaces each round.
- Minions have a rather decent range of effect.
Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
- Necromancer's effect on the game is relatively weak at a distance.
- Minions are fairly uncontrollable and might not necessarily strike at the most opportune target.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
- If you can predict when someone, including yourself, is about to die, you can use the opportunity to cast Drain Soul and become stronger.
- Drain Soul can activate even if the death is blocked. However, Drain Soul can't activate if it has been dispelled, so it usually isn't a good idea to cast it randomly.
- The Engineering Shop can be useful for getting other players into situations where they may die. Hypno Glasses, Explosive Sheep, and Spider Mine are key items to look for here.
Dual-Class Synergies[edit | edit source]
(to be done later when other classes have their own pages)