"Sprint, kill, and sprint some more!"
— Former Specialized Adventuring! Description
Assassin is a class.
Tooltip You're a stone cold killer. Whenever you kill someone, your Speed is increased by 2 for 2 turns and your Assassin cooldowns are reduced by 1 turn. Melee kills grants 3 Speed.
If the Class Talent is active: ALL your skill cooldowns now tick down 1 turn when you make a kill.
- When you kill another player, you gain Killer Instincts Speed Boost for 2 turns, also your Assassin skills have their cooldowns lowered by 1.
- Killer Instincts Speed Boost: If you killed the player while on the same space as them, this effect passively grants 3 Speed. If you killed the player without being on their space, this effect passively grants 2 Speed. This effect can be replaced by another Killer Instincts Speed Boost; this occurs whether the Buff grants the same or a different Speed amount.
- If the Class Talent is active: When you kill another player, all of your skill cooldowns are lowered by 1 instead of just cooldowns for your Assassin skills.
- Assassinate's cooldown is lowered by Killer Instincts (including the Class Talents portion) when Assassinate kills a player.
- See Death Tiers for more information on effects like this.
- A kill due to Catapulted Pacman is always treated as a same-space kill.
Inherent Effect TooltipEdit
- Choose an amount of spaces from 3-10; run forward the same amount of spaces; this skill goes on cooldown for the same amount of spaces you choose, up to a max. of 7.
- If the Class Talent is active: If you are on the same space as another player who is Dead, this skill can be used standardly even if it is on cooldown, and using this skill standardly won't put it on cooldown.
- Use against The Bear!; move a random amount from 5-7(?) spaces forward, also the skill is put on cooldown for the same amount of turns.
- The Class Talent does not apply to this event use.
- Target another player.
- If they are within range and are alive and not Incapacitated: Move to their space, then Incapacitate them if you are on the same space as them when this portion of the effect triggers.
- If they are within range and are Incapacitated: Move to their space, then kill them if you are on the same space as them when this portion of the effect triggers.
- If they aren't within range or are Dead: Nothing occurs besides this skill going on cooldown.
- If the Class Talent is active: If they are within range and have Skip-A-Turn, even if they are not Incapacitated: Move to their space, then kill them if you are on the same space as them when this portion of the effect triggers.
- Use against the Lv 2 or 3 Small Golem of the Archaeology Dig.
- Use against The Bear!; kill it and lose 1 charge with an option to use a Skinning Knife on the bear and a chance of gaining 3 turns of the PETA Debuff.
- Use against a bad guy in The Wild West after using "No."; kill him.
- Gain 2 turns of the Evasion Buff.
- If the Class Talent is active: Being Incapacitated or Disarmed does not prevent you from using this skill.
Inherent Effect TooltipEdit
Secret Item InteractionEdit
This is one of the secrets of BGO.
|Using a Pillow on an incapacitated player on your space will kill them.|
- Killer Instincts is useful for sprinting.
- Sprint offers solid space control for killing and is good for sprinting.
- Assassinate will either kill the target OR Incapacitate the target, making it easier to kill them without having to worry about a response.
- Evasion can save turns reactively against Skip-A-Turn and is quite useful for preventing Incapacitation and Disarm in the endgame, as well as at events like The Magic Shop, the Archaeology Dig, the Pawn Shop, The Bear!, and The Dragon. It can also serve as a temporary shield against another sprinter, like a Druid who wants to Maul you.
- Assassinate can be used to beat Archaeology Dig's Lv 2 or 3 Small Golem.
- No skills for disposing of junk items like Jinxed Jewel Of Encumberment.
- Killer Instincts is reliant on killing players, but if enemy players are at a distance, as they often are when sprinting, it will be more difficult to kill them. And Killer Instincts Speed Boost is not long-lasting.
- Assassinate will fail to Incapacitate a Paladin with a Hammer if you move to their space unless you have a Shield. Even with a Shield, it will fail if they have a Holy Hammer.
- Barbarians and other Assassins can avoid Incapacitation with Break Free/Evasion, making it harder to kill them.
- Crystal Meth, Iron Helmet, and Personal Forcefield can make it harder to kill players, and they make Evasion less valuable. To top it off, they all appear in Early Reinforcements. (Man Mode is easier to deal with but can work similarly.)
- Evasion has to be used preemptively against Disarmed and Incapacitation without the Talent.
- Lawyer's Sue can make killing another player painful.
- Aim to kill your opponents at any given opportunity.
- Two Halves of Coconut benefits from Killer Instincts Speed Boost, making it even better than otherwise.
- Explosive Sheep, Sword, and Lightsaber are useful tools for same-space killing.
- Getting items and effects able to incapacitate, such as Chloroform, Free Drink, Rocket Boots, Pegasus Boots, Sonic Shotgun, various "Today's Special" items from The ACME Shop, and Star Power will make Assassinate more useful.
- During Oktoberfest, Brawler's Brew paired with a Fish can send a player forward and prime them to be killed by Assassinate.
- During Summer, Beach Ball can prime nearby players to be killed by Assassinate.
- You should generally Sprint the maximum amount of spaces possible; the 1st 7 spaces cost 1 turn of cooldown each, while the final 3 are free.
- Bounty Hunting is an acceptable option at The Academy Of Adventure.
- If the Adventure Time reference event is chosen, you can get Reflective Shades, which are particularly useful for avoiding knockback from Guns while sprinting, or you could simply go a decent amount of spaces forward. However, you run the risk of enemy players getting Orbs or even an Enchiridion, and magic is an effective way to halt a sprinter.
- If the Dr. Who reference event is chosen, you can go to The Future to buy a Lightsaber or get a random event and hope for a Phaser or Improbability Device. You can go to the Middle Ages to buy a Sword and Boots. You can also go to the Prehistory and preemptively use Evasion in case you get Incapacitated and dragged forward by Mammoths or you gain Skip-A-Turn from Cavemen if you are female. If you go with The Doctor, you can get Cocaine from the Arcane Portal or take the Catapult for fast space gain. However, Sonic Screwdriver can be utilized to drain Energy from your Lightsaber, other players will have easier access to The Future for EMP Generators, Personal Forcefields, and tools to halt your sprint, and other players may buy Shields and Iron Helmets from The Market. They can also access Crystal Meth through the Arcane Portal.
- If the Board Game Of Thrones reference event is chosen, you can become a Stark to get Boots and periodically get a helpful Speed Boost from the Godswood if you have no Curses (or get a Curse removed if you have one.) You can become a Baratheon for a Dark Scroll: Mark For Death and for an opportunity to kill The Bear! and skin it to create Bear Hands or Bearskin Boots for killing (or Bearskin Vest to avoid Dragon Frost and prevent Frostbolt from Rooting you.) You can become a Targaryen for magic defense and at least 1 immunity against potential enemy Dragonlings that may be used to slow you down.
- If the Interdimensional Portal Gun reference event is chosen, and you have the Assassinate talent, Fake Fake Turd from Universe J-19 Zeta allows Skip-A-Turn for killing with Assassinate.
- Seduction and Assassinate can be used together to perform a kill and trigger Killer Instincts (or to simply drag a player to you and Incapacitate them.)
- Sprint and Sexual Ritual can both be used alongside Killer Instincts Speed Boost for sprinting.
- Remember that once you kill your target, they lose all STDs unless they are also -cubus.
- Shapeshift, Bear Form, and Snake Form (and even Crow and Wolf Form) and Assassinate and Sprint are useful for killing, especially Bear Form: Maul + Assassinate.
- Killer Instincts Speed Boost, Sprint, Shapeshift, Crow Form, and Wolf Form are key for sprinting, with Evasion also helping.
- Killer Instincts and Drain Soul can each give a reward for your kills. Assassinate and Sprint as well as Skeleton minions are useful for killing.
- Killer Instincts Speed Boost, Sprint, and Spirit Slippers are key for sprinting, with Evasion also helping.
- You can use Divine Blessing from random occurrences to gain Empowered Dice alongside Sprint for sprinting.
- Sprint and Assassinate are tools to same-space an enemy so you can knock them back with your Holy Hammer.
- Hammer Of Justice can be used to Incapacitate a player so you can kill them with Assassinate.
- Remember that Auto Hammer can interfere with making melee kills; a simple solution is placing your Hammer on cooldown right before the kill.
- Tinker (esp. with Sabotage) can be used to create Mechanical items such as Lightsabers which can be used alongside Assassinate and Sprint to kill and trigger Killer Instincts. Hinder can be used to assist in this endeavor. Sabotage can prevent Shields from preventing kills as well.
- Tinker can dispose of junk items like Jinxed Jewel Of Encumberment, covering a weakness of Assassin.
- This class combination is especially useful for Wild Mode: Massacre Arena.
- Killer Instincts and Skull Collector can each give a reward for your kills. Chaotic Magic and Assassinate synergize well for killing.
- Sprint, Chaotic Power, Hellrusher, Power Imp, and Killer Instincts Speed Boost synergize well for sprinting.